By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE7 has shipped 3.7m units, SFV 1.7m units, Dead Rising 4 still under 1m units.

DonFerrari said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

When did Capcom ignored Nintendo? 

By not releasing games WiiU wasn't capable of running.

Lame excuse. In this day and age, most content is easily scalable. And even if it wasn't possible, them being practically non-existant on Switch is absurd.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Fei-Hung said:

Agreed. Legion of Doom need to return. 

Miu Miu needs to come back.

Omg I need to send you some videos of her

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

By not releasing games WiiU wasn't capable of running.

Lame excuse. In this day and age, most content is easily scalable. And even if it wasn't possible, them being practically non-existant on Switch is absurd.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/resident_evil_revelations_1_and_2_are_coming_to_switch_later_this_year

MHXX Switch although just in Japan.

Yeah non existent. Are you fully aware that Switch is just 4 months in the market? Do you expect all the games will be release on the Switch in it's first year?
PS4 was the same in it's 1st or 2nd year with USF IV and Strider game. Capcom started releasing games for the PS4 in 2015 someone correct me if I am wrong. 

It seems some of you are just being greedy. Asking for a game that was in development before Switch even existed. Like porting a game is a simple click and saved.  Switch is in early stage. We cannot assume that Capcom will not support it with big games. Capcom at the moment will focus in 63 Million PS4 and add the XBO and the PC into it.  I am sure there are other projects or games with those in mind. 

It's really funny that with just one announcement some of the fans started being salty and bitter with Capcom. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
darkenergy said:

This post is actually the one that's laughble.

First don't ignore digital sales, the priciest versions of Forza Motorsport 6 were released earlier then the standard editions especially those who purchase it digitally which is mostly why FM6 had "lower sales" than FM5 in fact 6 is just behind 5 and with 6 having a better reception then 5 it should  have sold better then it.  Also Forza Horizon 3 sold 2.5 million by the end of 2016 and vgchartz has it under 2 million so it is physically undertracked or digital is at 500K or a little bit of both which goes to the next thing

With the mixed reception Halo 5 got, 5 million copies in 3 months isn't bad and by now I would not be surprised if it is around 7.5 million sold now. Again you are ignoring digital for Gears 4 if they are included with physical then it is likely it sold over a million first week. Then you realise that both Halo and Gears are way more popular than Forza and looking at FH3's sales compared with vgchartz you would wonder if digital sales for Halo 5 and Gears 4 are WAY above those of Horizon 3.

Are you forgetting Ori and the Blind Forest? Pretty sure this Xbox exclusive sold well or else there wouldn't be a sequel. Recore will be getting a definite edition that is likely going to be announced at Gamescom that will help it gets sales.

People keep saying the QB flopped but there are 2 things that seem that it isn't the case:

1.When I went to my local Target and went to the games section I notice that Quantum Break was still at full price but for Mass Effect Andromeda and even Infinite Warfare they were both $40. If QB really didn't sell well then the price should have fallen to $20 by now but that wasn't the case but the other 2 did get a price drop fast especially Mass Effect.

2.On Remedy's website a while back they stated that in one of their quarterly results they mention that they saw an increase in profits and mentions one of the key reasons was because of Quantum Break.

Maybe being rude was not the way to do this discussion. Sorry. 

I'm not ignoring digital - that doesn't make up for 2-3 million difference between the xbox 360 titles and the new Forzas. Also I know Horizon sold 2.5 million. When did I say it didn't? 

Wow, this is a really terrible argument and I'm surprised you made it. 7.5 million is not a lot for a Halo game... again when I reffered to Halo and Gears I'm talking about titles that sell and showing you that even the Xbox titles that "sell" don't really sell if you catch my drift. My OG comment that "haha and people laugh at me when I say xbox exclusives don't sell" was more so taking the piss, but my response was to show even the titles that do sell don't sell nearly as well as you'd expect, and you waving a flag around saying "it actually sold less disappointing then you think!" is not a good point. Honestly, I think it's pretty unlikely that Halo 5 sold 2.5 million after it's first 3 months. Especially considering that the number of players hasn't really hiked. I remember like 7 months after it's release it was down to the 25th spot or something, although it does rise more with more updates which is cool, but it's not like a huge spike. But it could happen, still not that impressive. Your estiments on Gears of War 4 are also an example of someone having no argument so they just reach for a positive number. Your saying the sales for the game almost double including digital? Pretty unlikely,not entirely but still. And even if it sold a million that is not impressive. Wait, what were my "laughable" points again? That still means Gears of war physically was outsold by Splatoon in one region. And remember your digital sales are complete guesswork. 

Ori and the Blind forest? I assumed we were talking about Triple A games. Ori isn't indie but it isn't Dead rising 4 either.  You made a refute in which you showed 2 games with decent sales, and now you're grasping at straws. Are you going to show a 360 game next? When nearly ever Xbox franchise either flops or has mediocre sales compared to previous versions, bringing out Ori is a sign of desperation. For what it's worth, Ori did sell well. It took a few weeks to make the developers money, but that's mostly due to Microsoft's publishing costs. It only took one week to make a profit, which I imagine is pretty good for most indies. I'm happy Ori sold well, not only because I don't want Xbox games to fail(they just do...a lot) but also because I heard it was a good game. So i'm sorry, now you have Forza Horizon 3, Ori ... and uh ... I don't even know if Dead rising 3 should be included because it still probably sold worse than 2, but Dead rising 3 i guess? 

- That's your argument? Bawhahahhahahahaha oh my god. Literally so many ways you could refute this. A lot of console exclusives stay pretty expensive even after they flop. They're the poster boy for a company's pedigree - Microsoft advertised Quantum Break quite a bit. It's not weird that a flop stays costly, especially one published by Microsoft. Again I'm not going to say that *is the reason*, I don't work at Microsoft I can't know for sure. There's a lot of factors that could come into play, the fact that you show an overpriced game and say "look it's overpriced so it sold well!" just doesn't make any sense. 

-Not hard to do when you haven't made a game in 4 years. The game sold likke 140,000 copies in it's first week in the US, and it launched on a Tuesday. Not good at all, and the first weeks sales are the majority. Too be fair, I could see it being like 240,000 with digitall, but ... that's not good either.

Along with Dead Rising 4, Quantum Break and Recore I completely forgot Halo Wars 2! So the score is uhhh Ori and uhm... Horizon 3 and .... errrr... maybe Dead Rising? I don't know personally I think 4 huge flops is a pretty telling sign of Xbox exclusives. If Scalebound came out we'd probably be talking about that too unfortuantely. Wish that  game released, I would've bought it. 

Let's just agree to disagree then, I don't want to waste my time here.

caffeinade said:
darkenergy said:

Dead Rising 3/Forza Horizon 3 alone throws your comment out the window.

Except when compared to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which has almost matched the Xone's sales of Forza Horizon 3 in far less time on a much smaller install base.
Oh, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a remaster.

Those games have nothing to do with Xbox.

Proud to be a Californian.

DonFerrari said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
And people think I'm crazy when I say Xbox One exclusives don't sell...bwahahahahhaahahaha

they will retort pointing to SF V and say the game would sold 3x more if released on X1 while ignoring why it didn't do good on PS4.

That was Capcoms fault for not releasing a complete game. it was destined not to sell well. Being multiplat would not have helped much because if 1.7 million PS4 gamers were willing to buy the game, we have to presume half of that wouldve been attributed to the xbox on additional sales. most of the FCG are solidly on playstation now. Its not like last gen. Fighters are well documented to sell much better on Playstation since Sony is the brand that essentially got many gamers to jump ship from arcades after the PS1 took over the market. Capcom handled the title of best fighting franchise to Neatherrealms on a silver platter on quality alone and that caused the word of mouth to kill this game. Dead Rising launched in the holiday season among other games that were more anticipated. That should not have happened.