By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon 2 sells 671k first week in Japan

the_dengle said:
So much for over a million first week.

I tried to warn y'all

It's first three days, not first week..

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

fix the title is the First three days not first week.

Gematsu article:

Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 copies within its first three days of release in Japan, according to Famitsu numbers, making it both the biggest debut for a Switch title and highest selling Switch title to date. This number includes physical game copies, download cards, and Splatoon 2 Switch hardware bundles, but does not include digital sales.

In comparison, the original Splatoon for Wii U sold 156,610 units within its first four days of release, and achieved lifetime sales of 1,512,789 units.

The latest Famitsu numbers also put total Switch hardware sales in Japan at 1,205,087. That’s for an almost five-month period, from March 3 to July 23.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/splatoon-2-sold-670955-units-within-first-three-days-japan

Lol it's the first week it goes on sale.  It also includes pre orders over months so it's not right to say just 3 days.  It's pretty standard to say what I said. 

lower than expected but no bad after all.
I afraid of DQ now lol.

It easily beat Zelda and MK8D! New king is here!
MC should be about the same. But yeah expected closer to 800k.

Any news on how much its stock sold?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wonder what the digital attach rate is, I'm more inclined to download games on Switch than buy physical because can't be bothered carrying games around!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Faelco said:

Not really surprising since it is the reading of スプラトゥーン2 :P

There is no "l" in Japanese, only "r". So you can't write "Splatoon", only "Spratoon". Obviously Google Translate will use an "r". But you read it as "Splatoon", like the western name.

(Not sure if serious, but a quick explanation can't hurt anyone ^^)  

Faelco said:
HAHAHAHA I translated the page on google chrome and it literally translated the report to "Spratoon 2"

Not really surprising since it is the reading of スプラトゥーン2 :P

Still pitiful from google to know to suppress the u's and make oo out of u-- but not use L instead of R.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Hopefully we get WW numbers soon. Should already be around 1.5M to 2M copies sold.

EDIT Also crazy to think that when Splatoon 1 was coming out I was expecting around 750K sales life time world wide. This is without a doubt both a major franchise for Nintendo and a major IP for the Japanese market.

Faelco said:

There is no "l" in Japanese, only "r". So you can't write "Splatoon", only "Spratoon". Obviously Google Translate will use an "r". But you read it as "Splatoon", like the western name.

(Not sure if serious, but a quick explanation can't hurt anyone ^^)  

I was serious, but now that i recall i've heard that before! thanks for reminding me haha xD ....

*backs off sweating like an idiot*

Kerotan said:
Shikamo said:

fix the title is the First three days not first week.

Gematsu article:

Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 copies within its first three days of release in Japan, according to Famitsu numbers, making it both the biggest debut for a Switch title and highest selling Switch title to date. This number includes physical game copies, download cards, and Splatoon 2 Switch hardware bundles, but does not include digital sales.

In comparison, the original Splatoon for Wii U sold 156,610 units within its first four days of release, and achieved lifetime sales of 1,512,789 units.

The latest Famitsu numbers also put total Switch hardware sales in Japan at 1,205,087. That’s for an almost five-month period, from March 3 to July 23.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/splatoon-2-sold-670955-units-within-first-three-days-japan

Lol it's the first week it goes on sale.  It also includes pre orders over months so it's not right to say just 3 days.  It's pretty standard to say what I said. 

i agree to you in some parts (numbers data have a date to be launch, so it's a famitsu data week and not splatoon 2 first week),  but like i said it's still 3 days not 1 week  (The first 3 days is when there are more sales so I dont think it will make much difference, maybe at most 100k).

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)