By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Koei Tecmo: Switch and PS4 revitalized console market

Ultrashroomz said:
Not sure if I'd go as far as to say they revitalized the market, especially the Switch this early in its life.

Love both consoles tho.

Best Buy's stock price went up 15% due to the strong launch of Switch. That's a very big number for a very large chain of stores for a *single* product.

http://fortune.com/2017/05/25/best-buy-shares/

Extrapolate that to all other branches of retail and the pool of buyers and there's no question here. Switch revitalized the market at least in the short term.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Not really, it's just the PS4. 

Also I'm sure they're talking about for Japanese games, and you can see that with Nier, Persona, Yakuza, Dragon Quest etc. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Isn't the PS4 selling around the same like the PS3 in Japan alligned?

Hm so my theory that 3rd party support for the Switch will peak around 2020 will come true. I expect lots Japanesse games as time goes on. Maybe even some exclusives!

Also some people are acting offended that the Switch is doing well. Like seriously it's not stealing anyone's games or sales.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Yikes. People are irritable about the Switch lately. Is this about the app? Because if it is that's like saying that Sony brand optional peripheral 5 sucks, so the PS4 is trash.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Not sure if I'd go as far as to say they revitalized the market, especially the Switch this early in its life.

Love both consoles tho.

Best Buy's stock price went up 15% due to the strong launch of Switch. That's a very big number for a very large chain of stores for a *single* product.

http://fortune.com/2017/05/25/best-buy-shares/

Extrapolate that to all other branches of retail and the pool of buyers and there's no question here. Switch revitalized the market at least in the short term.

Except we've seen the US sales numbers for Switch.

KrspaceT said:
Yikes. People are irritable about the Switch lately. Is this about the app? Because if it is that's like saying that Sony brand optional peripheral 5 sucks, so the PS4 is trash.

Is the app optional for party chat, an option expected to be available out-of-the-box?

KrspaceT said:

No, I think it might be because people are lauding the NS for accomplishments before it has had much time to settle in. Hate to bring politics up, but remember when Obama won the Nobel Peace prize before he really did anything yet as President? Feels similar to me.

Louie said:
Lawlight said:

Do you have numbers for those Switch games you listed?

I don't know. Is there something like a website that lists video game sales? 

lol lol

I'm assuming they're talking about Japan? Because the console market was never in trouble in the West.