By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? Here's a poll. UPDATE.

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Final Fantasy VII 163 15.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 486 45.42%

Street Fighter II 20 1.87%

Resident Evil 2 32 2.99%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19 1.78%

Super Mario 64 140 13.08%

Grand Theft Auto V 90 8.41%

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 28 2.62%

Minecraft 24 2.24%

Star Wars Kinect 68 6.36%

Total:1,070
Ka-pi96 said:
LipeJJ said:
Cocaína of Time for me. And no, it's not overated, it deserves all the praise. <3

Is that the version that was bundled with some cocaine or something?

Exactly, Kapi. It was so good that made you trippy. 

Shikamo said:
LipeJJ said:
Cocaína of Time for me. And no, it's not overated, it deserves all the praise. <3

i still prefer Weed Sports

Weed Sports is good, but Cocaína of Time and Metroid Crack are classic. <3

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Metroid Prime and Breath of The Wild

So none of your poll

Yeah, sorry. The poll is limited. 

VAMatt said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why is the poll so bad? I mean... Star Wars Kinect? Seriously? And no other option?

Anyways, best game ever made for me is Final Fantasy X

I'll admit, I found many of the choices....interesting.  But, that just goes to show how subjective this kind of thing is.  Games are works of art.  Appreciation of art is about as subjective as anything can be.  

I really would have liked to include more, but the poll is very limited. Star Wars Kinect is supposed to be a fun little joke.

Most if not all of the 3D Mario games have been a GotY contender. What sets Galaxy apart from the rest of them for me is that it's the only one that has actal world building, character development, and story telling. It's not the same old "Bowser kidnaps Peach. Mario go save." Even though that does happen here, there's so much more to it than that. There is so much atmosphere and scope to Galaxy that is absent in all the others. I'm trying to help and save Rosalina and the Lumas, bot because I have to in order to beat the game, but because I WANT to out of the bond and connection I develpoed with them as a player through Rosalina's Storybook and interacting with them. Having the greatest spundtrack I've ever heard in a Mario game also helps tremendously in that regard.

Galaxy is just a massive and thrilling adventure in scope and fun from beginning to end, because it's not the usual Mario experience, there is so much more to it than that.

Vor said:
Each people have their own taste for games so I don't see the need of creating poll in this thread especially because many titles are missing from the poll.

On topic, the best game for me is Xenoblade Chronicles.

I tried to include tried and true classics. If the poll options weren't so limited, I would have included much more. But I didn't just pick my favorites. I don't play Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, or Zelda. Xenoblade Chronicles seems to have a very interesting story. I will probably pick up the 3DS version later. 

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Most if not all of the 3D Mario games have been a GotY contender. What sets Galaxy apart from the rest of them for me is that it's the only one that has actal world building, character development, and story telling. It's not the same old "Bowser kidnaps Peach. Mario go save." Even though that does happen here, there's so much more to it than that. There is so much atmosphere and scope to Galaxy that is absent in all the others. I'm trying to help and save Rosalina and the Lumas, bot because I have to in order to beat the game, but because I WANT to out of the bond and connection I develpoed with them as a player through Rosalina's Storybook and interacting with them. Having the greatest spundtrack I've ever heard in a Mario game also helps tremendously in that regard.

Galaxy is just a massive and thrilling adventure in scope and fun from beginning to end, because it's not the usual Mario experience, there is so much more to it than that.

That game looked very boring to me, but I'm not a Mario fan. I wish I had more room to include that game. I couldn't resist with Star Wars Kinect. Lol

Putting a poll for a question like this is like asking people to pick their favorite band. No way you can get all of the good ones anyway

Where is Pikmin 2? That's the best thing ever next to sliced bread and the invention of the wheel. Anyway Pikmin 2 is favorite game of all time.

Best game objectively? Super Mario bros 3 or The legend of Zelda : a link to the past

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Of those in the poll OoT closely followed by SM64

Goodnightmoon said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I've heard great things about the persona series. I don't play them because I am Christian, and the demonic theme is just too heavy for me. I won't play Grand Theft Auto either. 

Seriously?

Are you a fanatic or something?

I am dedicated to my God (Yah). So yes, seriously. I don't know if fanatic is the right word. Perhaps devoted, faithful, or disciple. All 3 fit. 

In my opinion, The Witcher 3.