By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? Here's a poll. UPDATE.

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Final Fantasy VII 163 15.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 486 45.42%

Street Fighter II 20 1.87%

Resident Evil 2 32 2.99%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19 1.78%

Super Mario 64 140 13.08%

Grand Theft Auto V 90 8.41%

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 28 2.62%

Minecraft 24 2.24%

Star Wars Kinect 68 6.36%

Total:1,070

Final Fantasy X!!! Unless we've moved past that? I missed this thread.

Around the Network
Azuren said:

In light of everyone coming to inform you on the difference between fact and opinion, Goodnightmoon, do you yet concede? Doing so would allow you to save some face and let everyone know you answer to reason when the chips are down. Not doing so will only further cement the kind of poster you are being right now.

But what is wrong with you? In every message feels like you are looking to provoke me and I'm constantly ignoring it, but you keep on doing it, no one can have debates this way specially when you are not even making any arguments, the others have to do it for you.

I'm afraid you are not getting my point at all and honestly is quite ridiculous the debate is going so long when all this comes from a comment i made to Mzuzekz that wasn't even that serious to begging with as i already said in the very first post, but anyways, what I'm trying to say is that some think art is 100% subjective, I say yes is subjective but there is an objective basis, there are right and wrong ways to compose an image, or to play guitar, or to structure a story, is not 100% subjective, and the more you know about the art in question the more you realize about that, that's why I say the taste can be educated, the more deep someone gets into any form of art, the more starts to see where the great things are, but if his experiences are limited or he has only been exposed to low quality stuff then his taste is probably limited too, one guy may be saying that Transformer 5 is better than the Goodfather now but after watching 2000 good films his opinion will probably change in a radical way, because now he can see things he didn't saw before.

And now, do you disagree with me? Great, tell me why if you want, or not (since we are already derrailing this) but there is no need for that kind of attitude right now.

Azuren said:

In light of everyone coming to inform you on the difference between fact and opinion, Goodnightmoon, do you yet concede? Doing so would allow you to save some face and let everyone know you answer to reason when the chips are down. Not doing so will only further cement the kind of poster you are being right now.

Goodnightmoon said:

But what is wrong with you? In every message feels like you are looking to provoke me and I'm constantly ignoring it, but you keep on doing it, no one can have debates this way specially when you are not even making any arguments, the others have to do it for you.

I'm afraid you are not getting my point at all and honestly is quite ridiculous the debate is going so long when all this comes from a comment i made to Mzuzekz that wasn't even that serious to begging with as i already said in the very first post, but anyways, what I'm trying to say is that some think art is 100% subjective, I say yes is subjective but there is an objective basis, there are right and wrong ways to compose an image, or to play guitar, or to structure a story, is not 100% subjective, and the more you know about the art in question the more you realize about that, that's why I say the taste can be educated, the more deep someone gets into any form of art, the more starts to see where the great things are, but if his experiences are limited or he has only been exposed to low quality stuff then his taste is probably limited too, one guy may be saying that Transformer 5 is better than the Goodfather now but after watching 2000 good films his opinion will probably change in a radical way, because now he can see things he didn't saw before.

And now, do you disagree with me? Great, tell me why if you want, or not (since we are already derrailing this) but there is no need for that kind of attitude right now.

It's pretty clear at this point that this conversation won't go anywhere, and you're both getting far too off-topic anyway. Either drop this back-and-forth or move it elsewhere. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Where's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night??? EGM picked that game over FFVII for their game of the year awards.

Anyway, for me, out of those...by FAR and away FFVII. Never has a game given me such "awe" factor. I don't think I will ever be so impressed with a game ever again. What that game made me feel and think at the time was truly magical. I just couldn't believe I was playing a video game at the time. It felt like I was alive in that world wit hthose characters. I just can't explain it. Sure, we have far better technology now and bigger more immersive worlds but they still fail to capture the immersion I FELT with FFVII in 1997. It was just perfect. I'll never get that feeling back again....ever. Truly epic video game!

GTAV is the best game of all time.

Ocarina of Time was one of those games that was great at the time and because of that people will always over hype it for ever. Same thing happened with Final Fantasy VII.

Around the Network

Borderlands 2 is my best FPS.

Resident Evil 4 or Dead Space 2 is my best horror game ever.

niceguygameplayer said:
Shikamo said:
Persona 4

I've heard great things about the persona series. I don't play them because I am Christian, and the demonic theme is just too heavy for me. I won't play Grand Theft Auto either. 

Don´t worry about that. I´m Christian too and I really enjoy the Shin Megami Tensei series.

It´s a Japanese franchise,  after all. Christianity is a sort of folklore for Japanese people, because it´s not even close to be one of their countries´ main religions. Besides , there´s a lot of icons from other religions  in those games too.  Just remember they are simply fictional stories and you won´t find anything really offensive there. I´d say it´s easier to find  things that will feel more hilarious than offensive.....

Back to the topic.... I think Ocarina of Time would fit well the spot. Many games can be considered the best in technical terms.... but if we take influentional ones into consideration, we´d have lesser options.

I really wish someone would actually do a real "Best of all time" games list. Like, take out the nostalgia, take out the influence, and just have each game go toe to toe with each other. All the games you listed haven't aged well, and probably wouldn't even make a top 100 list.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Where is Starcraft Broodwar? =/...

In Sony We Trust!