By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SUPERHOT being considered for Switch

The first-person shooter SUPERHOT is being considered for Switch. That’s according to developer Andrzej Dominowski, who was asked about the possibility during a Reddit AMA today.

SUPERHOT is a unique take on the first-person shooter genre. Time moves only when you move, the game ditches regenerating health bars, and will have you moving through slow-motion bullets.

The concept of SUPERHOT may sound slightly strange if you’ve never heard of it before, but it definitely works. You can get a feel for the gameplay with the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrS86l_CtAY

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

If someone asks you would you consider putting your game on X console during an AMA, obviously the answer is that it is being considered.

The outcome of that consideration though will often be negative.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I've heard good things about this game but I haven't tried it yet. I think it's coming to PSVR if it hasn't already. Not sure which version I'd prefer.

That would be... Superhot

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
That would be... Superhot

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Shikamo said:

SUPERHOT is a unique take on the first-person shooter genre. Time moves only when you move, the game ditches regenerating health bars, and will have you moving through slow-motion bullets.

The concept of SUPERHOT may sound slightly strange if you’ve never heard of it before, but it definitely works. You can get a feel for the gameplay with the video below.

Source

I wish this wasn't odd nowadays. There's very few games where regenerating health actually improves the quality of the game.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Shikamo said:

Source

I wish this wasn't odd nowadays. There's very few games where regenerating health actually improves the quality of the game.

Yeah. It makes games easier (for better or worse) but I think it should be reserved for games where regenerating health actually makes sense. Halo or something.

honestly kind of irrelevant, Superhot is an extremely short game unless you replay it over and over. It's like a 2 hour experience, and the last thing I want is for third party devs to release a shit ton of short games on the Switch and try to charge $50 or whatever

d21lewis said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Yeah. It makes games easier (for better or worse) but I think it should be reserved for games where regenerating health actually makes sense. Halo or something.

Yes! Halo and Gears I think are the only good examples of it I can think of

Nice. I'll add it to my 5000 page encyclopedia of devs "considering" bringing their games to the Switch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.