By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer - Nintendo's new online service looks like it could be every bit as bad as you feared

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

Play it as a handheld or buy a stand

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Cubevit-Charging-Adjustable-Portable-Playstand/dp/B072BZ53D3/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1500558492&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=nintendo+switch+stand&psc=1

Right, but in the picture you drew, where it is not played as a handheld or has an extra stand, that would be an issue.

If this was a Phoenix Wright case, this is where they'd point out the flaw in your testimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1jknZp0ic&feature=youtu.be

Then draw little legs on the damn thing for me please. Currently away from my main computer.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
DonFerrari said:

I preffer battery kit and a secondary controller (sure the battery could be removable and just need it to recharge) and I don't bother with the charging cable even though I could swap controllers... but sure there is value on the quick way on Xbox.

Well. Microsoft could bundle a play and charge kit with every controller. That would be awesome, but still retain AA battery compatability, then it can make both camps happy, but I guess money/greed gets in the way of that.

It's also better for retro gamers, you know you can use the controller wirelessly in 20 years time as battery's sadly don't last forever.

Hiku said:

The problem with Xbox's solution for me is that they don't include a charger. So you have to buy an AA charger separately if you don't have one. Or buy new AA batteries every time, but I'd rather not do that.
That said, I think PS4 controllers battery doesn't last long enough before it needs to be recharged.

Indeed. That is the caveat. But to be able to hot swap batterys is still great in my eyes, no cables, no charge time, just swap and go.
I have a seperate AA battery charger, so once I swap the battery's out of my controller, they go onto charge, to be able to charge AA battery's while in the controller would be awesome, but I would assume they would eat into the controllers healthy profit margins.

There are Pro's and Con's to each approach, the irony is, it would be extremely *simple* to provide the best of both worlds, but no company does.

Regular battery and charger are standard so I can see their greadness not being a real issue, and on PS3/4 you can take some screws and change the battery so even though it isn't exaclty fantastic it's doable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They could just go the ideal route like the others and just let ya plug your headset in your console and talk to people.

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

Then draw little legs on the damn thing for me please. Currently away from my main computer.

Hahahaha! Hubba hubba! That works!

Aeolus451 said:
They could just go the ideal route like the others and just let ya plug your headset in your console and talk to people.

Woah there. Let's not get crazy.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
My decision: Using Facetime to speak with friends and give a bad rating to the app. Unacceptable that this isn't integrated within the OS.

Wise man

Normchacho said:
Aeolus451 said:

Woah there. Let's not get crazy.

"We should add in a chat function to where a person can just plug their headset into the console and they can talk with their friends. What do you guys think?"

This is just a joke. It's hilarious how bad Nintendo did this. And you had Reggie defending this. I can't wait to hear what the Nintendo higher ups have to say about this.

And next gen they will make voice chat built in, and say it's a Nintendo innovation

bananaking21 said:
This is just a joke. It's hilarious how bad Nintendo did this. And you had Reggie defending this. I can't wait to hear what the Nintendo higher ups have to say about this.

"At least it's still free."

And next gen they will make voice chat built in, and say it's a Nintendo innovation

Has this happened before?

KLAMarine said:

bananaking21 said:

Has this happened before?

Of course not, nobody said Nintendo was being innovative for introducing DLC or Paid online.