By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - R.B.I. Baseball 17 heading to Switch in September 5

KLAMarine said:
VGPolyglot said:

I have to say, I prefer baseball, hockey and soccer games over basketball and football games.

I understand there's a batting portion and a pitching portion and a catching portion and these all involve timing. The timing of your swing and timing of your pitch and what not.

I'm guessing that's how baseball games work.

Yeah, it's very much based on timing.

Around the Network

It's funny that licensed MLB games so persistently snubbed Nintendo platforms considering that Nintendo of America owned the Mariners. Now that they sold most of their stake they suddenly get a game.  (Not saying those two events are related, just a funny coincidence.)

As for the RBI Baseball franchise, it was beloved by those of us who dug arcade-style sports games in the NES era. They haven't held up as well as Tecmo Super Bowl but the nostalgia's still there. But does anyone even play the franchise on new systems? I completely forgot that it had been revived a few years ago and I'm supposed to be in the target demo.

The first RBI game in next gen was actually pretty solid, it just lacked traditional stat tracking. They've added that this year but the gameplay is garbage now. There's a game on PS4/Xbone called Super Mega Baseball, it does arcade baseball way better than RBI, just lacks the MLB teams and players.

Ever since EA left the baseball scene I've been pretty underwhelmed with Show and 2k baseball. The Show gets so much right but the online play is terrible and laggy every year and the online franchise gets hit with bad glitches every year it seems. 2k baseball of course was complete garbage imho.

I would fucking love for Sega to release a port of World Series Baseball II from the Saturn but why the hell would they.

Awful news, more third party games.

Well for those who say the game rules are pretty simple so how can you mess up a game.

Easy, poor AI, poor animation that looks unnatural when throwing the ball back from outfield. lack of pitch type selection, lack of being able to decide if you want to steal a base (vs AI doing it automatically).

Saying all that my fav is still Ken Griffey Jr Baseball on N64

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:
I saw gameplay for a previous R.B.I. Baseball game before, and it looked really bad, so don't get your hopes up too high guys

I can tell from the screenshots that the game is about baseball. Making a good game based on baseball is about as farfetched as turning tofu into something edible.

MLB The Show is one the best sports games period. Also I make some fire tofu dishes. 

add the Japanese Major League baseball and it would sell better in Japan.