1440p 26 5.30%

4k 85 17.31%

5k 3 0.61%

8k, somehow. 13 2.65%

Pixels, I require none. 5 1.02%

None. 2 0.41%

Other. 14 2.85%

Total:491

I stopped caring about resolution. I won't be bothering to buy 4k etc. on purpose. My screens break. And 4K is the only thing available, I get it. But I'm done with the buy over and over again cycle of resolutions, movies, TV shows. I wonder how many more HDMI cable revisions will tech go through.

Around the Network

I still prefer 1080p, but I'll be moving up to 1440p since G-sync 1080p monitors seem to lack what I'm looking for and the 1440p models do.

Also:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

4k user here and would adopt 8k when costly effective if there was content for it, 4k still doesn't have much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

caffeinade said:

Pemalite said:

I used to run 7680x1440 over 3 panels which is more than 4k. (And before that, 5760x1080)

It was glorious. The reason for the downgrade to a single 2560x1440 panel was due to the hardware required to push such insane pixels and I got tired of constantly upgrading hardware.

Nice, 1440p is still much better than 1080p at least.
I only use my 4k for games, but multiple monitors are fantastic for productivity, currently I have a 4k TN and a 1440p IPS.

What are you thoughts on ultrawides?

Triple monitors was amazing for gaming. It's just not worth the expense unless you are going to be using all those panels for tasks other than gaming.
You literally need the best GPU's money can buy every single year (Remember, 7680x1440 is higher than 4k). And you need several of them if you intend to be a serious PC triple-monitor gamer.
I was often running triple Radeons... And some games I still couldn't max out. (This was the Radeon 5000/6000 and 7000 era.)
But when a game works and worked well with Eyefinity, it's immersion was next-level.

Can't say much about ultrawides, never used or seen one. But the caveat with those just like with triple monitors... Is that it's not really great for 4:3 or 16:9 or 16:10 content such as movies.
With eyefinity, movies and such would only display on one 16:9 panel at a time, unless you want some serious funky warping/stretching of course. - AMD will allow you to set your default display for such content too, so when watching a movie it would turn the two side screens off.

You would actually need three screens across and two screens high to get a proper 16:9 scale. And then we start getting ridiculous with costs.

The ultrawide would have big black bars on the side with the video centered, which IMHO is a waste of screen real estate, you might as well start looking towards 32-43" 4k 16:9 monitors if you need some serious workspace.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

16K or bust.

Around the Network

I'll upgrade eventually when that becomes more affordable like 4k has.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hell to the no. Can the eye even distinguish between 4k and 8k

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Honestly 1080p is fine. You need gigantic screens to actually have visible returns for 4k and above. It is silly tbh. Our eyes can hardly tell the difference at this point.

Eagle367 said:
Hell to the no. Can the eye even distinguish between 4k and 8k

To see the difference. You need to have your face 10 inches from the screen.

John2290 said:
I wonder in 50 years will we be discussing upgrading to 64k over 32k or 240Htz over 120 htz...

No. After 8K everything higher is a waste of time. Sooner or later the majority will force a stall on res size. I'd rather companies put efford towards transforming TV screens. So we can physically change aspect ratios. 0 black bars on all content.