By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within or RE 7?

Which?

The Evil Within 45 39.82%

RE 7 68 60.18%

Total:113
Conina said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Neither. Resident Evil 2.

I would wait for the remake

If you need remakes to enjoy games sure. 

Around the Network

Well... i completely dropped RE with RE7.

I mean the revelations sub-series still interests me, but i don't enjoy first person horror.

The evil within i have but havent started playing yet, but i am pumped for the evil within 2. It looks amazing!

RE7 forever impressed me. Evil Withing is like a hollywood horror movie. It sure has the looks, but boy, oh boy, it lacks in substance

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Nem said:
Well... i completely dropped RE with RE7.

I mean the revelations sub-series still interests me, but i don't enjoy first person horror.

The evil within i have but havent started playing yet, but i am pumped for the evil within 2. It looks amazing!

I automatically assumed I'd skip RE7 after finding out it was going to be first person, even after the demo. When I played the demo in VR, my opinion turned. I'm glad it did because the game was (to me) fantastic! A lot that to do with the VR implementation.

Unfortunately, with the current support that VR has, I can't recommend anybody spending hundreds of dollars on a headset to experience it.

I say The Evil Within.

Around the Network

RE 7. For me, it saved the franchise, and the Bakers are freaking awesome. I hate how people won't give this game a chance simply because it's in 1st person. Personally, I think the new view makes the game a lot more immersive. It makes me feel like I am the one trapped in this madhouse with the insane Baker family.

I still didn't play RE7 but Evil Within is one best horror game that I played this generation until now.

jamesmarkus87 said:
RE 7. For me, it saved the franchise, and the Bakers are freaking awesome. I hate how people won't give this game a chance simply because it's in 1st person. Personally, I think the new view makes the game a lot more immersive. It makes me feel like I am the one trapped in this madhouse with the insane Baker family.

Oh i'm sorry that there are people with different tastes from yours.

Seriously... i don't enjoy first person games. When i was young it caused me nausea and nowadays i don't enjoy them. They feel claustrofobic to me.

I also have no interest in feeling like i'm part of the game. I like playing characters in the game and i like to see them.

I accepted that RE7 isn't for me and nor is the main series if it continues to be that way. You can enjoy it and i will enjoy the evil within or the Revelations sub-series. No need to hate people cause they don't enjoy the same things you do. RE7 made a dramastic change so it's obvious it would gain and lose fans with it.

Wether it was for the best or not is debatable, but it is what it is.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Conina said:

I would wait for the remake

If I have the choice of the SAME gameplay/story... with good or with bad graphics, I choose the good graphics. They are part of my enjoyment.

Conina said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If I have the choice of the SAME gameplay/story... with good or with bad graphics, I choose the good graphics. They are part of my enjoyment.

But they're (remakes) NEVER exactly the same with just better graphics. The engine and controls are always modified to try to "modernize" things. And that's fine too if that's what youre into... but for me? When I play a classic, I want to play the real deal, the original... in the way it was originally played and consumed by people.