By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All jokes aside, how well do you think Knack 2 will sell?

Tagged games:

m0ney said:
What are Sony thinking? this game was nothing but object of mockery.

They where probably thinking the moscot was fine... but "we can do better than this", and decided to give it another go.

To be fair, it does look (from gameplay) alot better than the first Knack.

Now most will probably wont care, that its getting a 2nd game... but theres probably a few out there that are actually looking forwards to it.

And as long as they can make back what it cost to develope it seems fine (even if its not going to move any hardware).

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ruler said:
I think it will outsell Mario Odessy just like it outsold World

Wasn't that only in the UK? Globally in the UK now?

in japan too

Well the original sold 1.75m.

Mathematically speaking, (1.75m / Reputation) * (Memes^Cerny) = 9.24m

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:

Apparently there were limited bundles with the game, and I do recall having seen this bundle before. Sales were around 300,000, so that was a nice lil boost as well. I have some doubt that Knack 2 will be bundled, but it would be a nice boost if it is.

Limited? I thought it was literally every single PS4 to start with? 300k is about what the PS4 sold in Japan 1st week as well, isn't it?

IIRC they were all digital bundles though, so while VGC tracks them, I'm not so sure about MC/Famitsu.

Actually, yeah, it did seem that way. Every PS4 I saw at the time included the game, so it didn't seem very 'limited' to me either...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'll go with 1.2 million for my prediction.

Around the Network

I'm honestly thinking it will be a million seller lol :P.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

If it sells 1 million here on Vgchartz it will be a massive success.

It's going to sell more than Forza 7, that much is sure. Quote me on that.

radishhead said:
I think it'll sell around 1 million units. Maybe Knack 2 is a good game, and it'll sell higher due to word of mouth, but Knack 1 was so awful and burned a lot of early PS4 adopters so the hardcore audience won't be buying it straight away.

It wasn't awful at all. Just read the user reviews on Amazon for example, most people liked it and thought it was unfairly underrated. It's a great and challenging family game, it just seems reviewers expected another Crash Bandicoot.

m0ney said:
What are Sony thinking? this game was nothing but object of mockery.

Only by people who never played it. That's the difference...Sony invests in interesting brands and develops them, even though they probably weren't that critically acclaimed. Especially when it's a game by Mark Cerny, one of THE legends of the industry.

Errorist76 said:
radishhead said:
I think it'll sell around 1 million units. Maybe Knack 2 is a good game, and it'll sell higher due to word of mouth, but Knack 1 was so awful and burned a lot of early PS4 adopters so the hardcore audience won't be buying it straight away.

It wasn't awful at all. Just read the user reviews on Amazon for example, most people liked it and thought it was unfairly underrated. It's a great and challenging family game, it just seems reviewers expected another Crash Bandicoot

Have you played it? The concept was good but the execution was so bad - growing Knack meant absolutely nothing because all the enemies and terrain grew with him so you felt the same size no matter what. The story was pitiful too.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~