By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lawbreaker dev says no Switch port due to lack of buttons compared to PS4 and Xbone

Inside Lawbreakers development studio :
"What doood??? I can't even find the Playstation button! What is this? Oh my god! It inputed x when I meant A ! BUGGED CONTROL MECHANICS!"

(I hope someone gets this reference)

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
"What doood??? I can't even find the Playstation button! What is this? Oh my god! It inputed x when I meant A ! BUGGED CONTROL MECHANICS!"

DSP?

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

no Square, Triangle or Circle button! The lack of a Playstation button too will make it impossible for the switch to return to the main menu from their game... it just wont work!

But... the home button can do that just fine..

Do you even know that PS button have some kind of black magic to make it work? The Switch doesn't have that

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Mr.GameCrazy said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

DSP?

Yep xD

That's gotta be the worst excuse to not bring a game to a platform

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:
KLAMarine said:
Far more interested in Overwatch than Lawbreakers anyways.

Neither will be on switch, so who cares.

You're likely correct but if portable Overwatch ever happens, I'm there day 1.

I think he's trying to say that he doesn't like the switch controllers in a politically correct way.

Ka-pi96 said:
wombat123 said:

As long as Overwatch exists, any game that tries to do anything somewhat close to it is probably going to fail or not meet sales expectations.  If I were Boss Key, I would have tried my best to put Lawbreaker on the Switch specifically because they wouldn't have to compete with Overwatch on the Switch...unless Overwatch comes to the Switch, in which case they probably shouldn't put it on the Switch.

I thought Overwatch was really popular? If it's anywhere near as popular as it seems to be then there's definitely a market for similar games. The success of COD didn't make other FPS games fail. The success of WOW didn't make other MMOs fail. The success of LOL didn't make other MOBAs fail.

If anything it being super popular is going to help other similar games since people like similar experiences with a slightly different take to what they already enjoy.

Overwatch is popular. They're saying this because a lot of the alternatives aren't that popular(except the OG Team Fortress 2)

New Nintendo system, new set of excuses, lol.

Seriously, the lies have gotta stop. These are supposed to be professionals. It's embarrassing.

Ganoncrotch said:
vivster said:
Despite the obvious wrong things he said this is just another example of 3rd party devs not wanting to adapt to the Switch. Because Nintendo did not build the console for them, only for themselves.

And the third parties who spent long enough to look at it that they were able to count the buttons on the thing.

It says a lot though if the Switch is so unappealing to some devs that they cannot even stand to look at it long enough.

For some devs it might even be enough to read the data sheet that says "digital triggers" to be immediately turned off without even looking at it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.