By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock2 coming to PS3 ???

2K Marin is knew to develope Bioshock2 and we assume it will be exclusive to the Xbox360

but look at this "job advertissement"

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/Jobseekerx/ViewJob.asp?JobID=xKI%2FoHacyl%2FFf%2BkE%2Bfr2vGO3dus0

Company Profile:
2K Marin

Overview:
ABOUT 2K GAMES

2K Games develops and publishes top-line PC, console, and handheld entertainment software with a strong concentration in three distinct categories: sports, high profile licenses and specialty product. Some of the hit titles in 2K's lineup include the critically-praised Bioshock, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV, and The Darkness.

At 2K Games our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. 2K Games is proudly developing a series of critically acclaimed games. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K Games is a successful, stable company that produces high-quality titles every year.

So what does 2K have to offer? How about generous salaries, full medical and dental benefits, a 401k plan, and a fun work environment. 2K Games believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the game. 2K Games is located in beautiful Novato, California, near mountain bike trails and beaches, about 25 minutes north of San Francisco. That's right - you can make great games, be active outdoors and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!

Join our team today!

Job Profile:
Senior Designer - BioShock 2|2K Marin |Novato CA 94949 USA|Full Time
Job Description:
Senior Designer

Love. It is a primal, uncultured energy, shaping you in ways that reason can’t touch. Kind of a gushy, melodramatic word to paint on a NOW HIRING sign, right?

Sure – but for you, this is an emotional science. Games have changed you, and now you’re just itching to return the favor. Maybe the raw potential of simulated experience fascinated you, or the rules and dynamics of play managed to reach into your skull and grab hold in ways that other media couldn’t. However the mark was made, you’ve been a game designer ever since.

But all love has a price. Games make you a little crazy from time to time, because you know how much better they could be. We know how you feel. Come play with us.

SUMMARY: Design and implement innovative and compelling play experiences, individually and collaboratively.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:

Contribute regularly to ongoing discussions covering feature design, scenario or event scripting, high concept and product positioning, fiction and mythos, or systems tuning and game balance
Directly implement original game content in one or more of the above categories using both proprietary and commercial tools
Take creative responsibility for the design and execution of one or more sequences of play such as a level, world region, or scenario
Author or revise internal design documentation, including feature specifications, internal content walk-through guides, and product post-mortem analyses
Integrate feedback from design leads, focus tests, and the QA group
Play and evaluate both internal and competing products regularly and provide comparative analysis
Lead or participate in cross-disciplinary implementation teams involving artists, programmers, and / or producers
Coordinate with the production group to maintain a consistent rate of output, schedule current and future tasks, and estimate time costs associated with deliverables

QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience with a gameplay scripting language or high level programming language.
Experience working with recent generation game console technology (Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation2 or PlayStation3) and Playstation3 experience is required.
Unreal Engine 3 experience preferred.
Previous basic 3DSMax and Photoshop experience is desired.

Skills:

Must have strong creative and problem solving skills.
Strong communication and project management skills.
Ability to learn new software tools and technologies.
Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
Job Details:
Categories:Art / Animation
Studio Name:2008-04-01 13:06:48
Experience Required:5 yrs
Platforms:Playstation 3,Xbox,Wii
Minimum Education Level Required:Bachelor's Degree
Locations:

City

State

Postal
 Code

Country

Novato

CA

USA

Contact Information:
Contact Name:Brooke Grabrian
Email:Click Brooke.Grabrian@2kgames.com (to apply to job)
Phone:415.250.4195
Job Code:Senio

Note I get the news from

http://www.gameguru.in/sony-playstation-3/2008/07/2k-marin-hiring-for-bioshock-2-uses-ue-3x-and-ps3-version-possible/

but I had to found the source by myself.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Might sell some consoles if true.

Auron said:
Might sell some consoles if true.

Not if it's multiplatform.

This means nothing. When I applied where I work now they told me Linux experience is required. I have never touched a Linux box at work though it was a requirement.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Yeah it should come out for PS3, it would be finiacially foolish not to. There are a couple of things riding on this.

- PS3 has been beating 360 week in week out now for some time now
- PS3 is begininng to shift some serious amount of software
- Extra money for Take2, they need it. LOL

Around the Network

Of course 2K will be working on PS3 games at some point. It says nothing at all about Bioshock.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

XGamer0611,

of course, but the sentence is

"Experience working with recent generation game console technology (Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation2 or PlayStation3) and Playstation3 experience is required. "

"AND PLAYSTATION 3 EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED"

I dont expect the game to be released on PS2 or Xbox BUT WHY add the last part about the PS3 as if it was an important requirement ?

Time to Work !

Maybe because Bioshock 2 really is coming out on PS3. Or mabe they have some unannounced ps3 games under the hat.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

thekitchensink,

THIS A JOB FOR 2KMARIN

STUDIO THAT WAS CREATED BY 2K FOR, FOR, FOR, FOR

BIOSHOCK2

(see in my post how they precise Bioshock2
or look at this :

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15924/BioShock-Sequel-Announced-Coming-Next-Year/

During today's conference call to discuss its financial results, Take Two announced that a sequel to BioShock is in development at its new 2K Marin Studio. The game is expected to arrive in the company's Fiscal 2009, so that means before October 31, 2009.

Time to Work !

It would be nice if they bought this game to the PS3, but I really don't think they will considering the original BioShock sold exceptionally well on the Xbox 360. And it has a built enough fanbase to make a sequel "BioShock 2" for the Xbox 360 again.