By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock2 coming to PS3 ???

Sorry, but you really need more than this.

Around the Network

Unless MS has an exclusive deal for Bioshock2, it will come to the PS3. Why would they not want to make more money?

"Platforms: Playstation 3,Xbox,Wii"

So it is coming to Wii, also and not the PC?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Same job ads appeared for the original Bioshock, so this means nothing. On the other hand, the original was only a moderate commercial success on 360/PC so it is unlikely that MS would pay for permanent exclusivity on the basis of prestige alone. You will probably see a double pack with both games on the PS3 6-12 months after the release of part 2 on 360/PC.

Either way, it's not going to sell systems for anybody.

libellule said:
XGamer0611,

of course, but the sentence is

"Experience working with recent generation game console technology (Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation2 or PlayStation3) and Playstation3 experience is required. "

"AND PLAYSTATION 3 EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED"

I dont expect the game to be released on PS2 or Xbox BUT WHY add the last part about the PS3 as if it was an important requirement ?

I promise you that it's just a copy and paste job, the PS3 experience required means nothing because what platform you're working on means little for a game or level designer.

-edit-

And just to elaborate a little.

All the little peculiarities that come with working with the different consoles really matter to the programmers and in some cases artists though not nearly as much. The level and game designers worry about the limits of their engine and what the engine can do for them, not the platform. Sure, with different platforms you can do more or less, but again, I don't need PS3 experience to know that the engine I'm working on can handle whatever.

I'm not saying having PS3, 360, or whatever experience isn't a good thing, that's far from the truth, but having little to no PS3 experience isn't going to stop you from getting a job as a game or level designer.  What's more important for that position is the tool sets and various software you know how to use.

Around the Network

twesterm,

I also assume Bioshock will not come to Xbox360 ^^

but the "AND playstation3" was surprising to me

we can still think the game will be released later (like Played_Out said)

Time to Work !

WiiStation360 said:
Unless MS has an exclusive deal for Bioshock2, it will come to the PS3. Why would they not want to make more money?

I agree with this statement. If MS does now own the rights to the game, then it will probably be on the PS3 as well as the 360 and the PC. The first one used the unreal engine, and I assume the second will as well. This should make it fairly easy to port to the PS3.

Like this guy said... if they are not obligated to make it exclusive, why would they?

Played_Out said:
Same job ads appeared for the original Bioshock, so this means nothing. On the other hand, the original was only a moderate commercial success on 360/PC so it is unlikely that MS would pay for permanent exclusivity on the basis of prestige alone. You will probably see a double pack with both games on the PS3 6-12 months after the release of part 2 on 360/PC.

Either way, it's not going to sell systems for anybody.

Moderate success? 1.5 million (as of 9/07) is a very big success and the game has only sold more since then. Also, it makes a lot of sense to try and keep a game that won game of the year exclusive for prestidge.

Though I do pretty much agree that it won't be much of a system seller. Whatever system(s) it does come on, they will get a small sales spike but that's about it.

libellule said:
but the "AND playstation3" was surprising to me

And yeah, the AND Playstation 3 part is weird but it was probably just copied and pasted from another job posting they had and slightly updated.

Besides, most of the stuff on job description is BS and they only put things like x experience required to weed out the people that have no business applying from applying. Something like that will scare away the people that don't really have the experience necessary while the people that do have the experience for the actual job know to still apply even if they've never touched a PS3.

Didn't the first one have PS3 code in it?

Bioshock 2 is coming to both HD consoles and PC.

Bioshock 2 never was 360 only. The exclusivity is still up for grabs.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.