By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Knockout Tekken 7 sales on PS4 (AND A VGCHARTZ SHOUTOUT!!!)

Overall that's still pretty weak for Tekken right?

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:

Best selling fighting game franchise ever? Actually, seems okay. Think T6 first week on both consoles was around 500k too. If it reaches life time of 2-3, then that's about right for the franchise.

Hmm, pie.

http://steamspy.com/app/389730

The Fury said:
Mbolibombo said:

Best selling fighting game franchise ever? Actually, seems okay. Think T6 first week on both consoles was around 500k too. If it reaches life time of 2-3, then that's about right for the franchise.

I thought Tekken games were a slamdunk for 4-5 million life time, but I looked it up and that was some time ago..

The Fury said:
Mbolibombo said:

Might not be the case in a few generations.  If Smash had more iterations then it would easily top Tekken. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
The Fury said:

Might not be the case in a few generations.  If Smash had more iterations then it would easily top Tekken. 

Too true. Especially as Nintendo fans and such alike love it for it's MP. I'm not even sure Tekken series can survive for another few generations even if this game does well and then they do actually end up making Tekken X Street Fighter. Surely the series has to end one day.... right? Unless it can do a special revival like SF4 did for that.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
sethnintendo said:

Too true. Especially as Nintendo fans and such alike love it for it's MP. I'm not even sure Tekken series can survive for another few generations even if this game does well and then they do actually end up making Tekken X Street Fighter. Surely the series has to end one day.... right? Unless it can do a special revival like SF4 did for that.

I don't see Tekken or Street Fighter dying ever.  Namco can just switch to Soul Calibur for a few iterations if Tekken sales start dropping.  Switch back to Tekken and boom I'm sure it would see a revival.

SpokenTruth said:
Areym said:
I guess there are just some multiplats (that started on playstation) franchises that resonate a lot more for PlayStation, much like final fantasy.

You are correct about fanbases existing on certain platforms but Final Fantasy didn't start on Playstation.  That number VII at the end of the title.

If it was Star Wars then it would have been the third game.  FF kind of fucked shit up on their numbering between Japan and NA releases.  Technically it was only the 4th NA release I believe but they then just decided to stick with 7 and then the numbers finally matched between regions.

Kerotan said:
Azzanation said:

Killer Instinct is quite successful considering it has 3 seasons and possibly more. Plus its got a good Esports following. So not sure where you get your conclusion that SFV wouldn't be a success on X1 consideing its barely a success on the PS4. I personally think Capcon are kicking themselves with SFV exclusivity and is a good example that permanent exclusives are not good for the industry.

SFV would have sold about 200k vs PS4's 1m+ by now. Tekken 7 just shows you how dominant the ratios for traditional titles like this are. They lost very few sales skipping xb1.

You are basing that off your own assumptions without any actual facts SFV would sell well on XB1. If KI can be a successful game on the XB1 than so could SFV. 

One thing you need to consider is Tekken is not SF. 

Wow, I wonder why they even bother porting these games to Xbox