By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - McGregor vs Mayweather Press Conference Live!

Kerotan said:
Wyrdness said:

No it doesn't because Conner could get Koed in the first round because of lack of Boxing skill or go 12 rounds then slip into a coma or go 6 rounds and stop because the's a genuine risk of him going blind due to damage to his eye, all of these are a few outcomes because the damage dealt in a Boxing ring is more concentrated. Your logic is based off very basic thinking in how a fight and a boxing match works you're simply claiming well a kick, he can last this long blah blah etc.. when in actual fact Conner can very well recieve far more damage in a Boxing match because of a number of factors. You're arguing Conner can't get as badly beaten in a Boxing match when the truth of the matter is he could end up just as bad or even worse and the Boxers I named earlier highlight this.

Trust me Boxing is a real fight try going out and picking a fight with a trained Boxer like many have, most never even manage to hit them before being put to sleep in seconds.

Traind MMA fighter beats trianed Boxer 9/10 in a real fight. It's just reality. They get them on the ground they are taking their back and choking them unconscious. The boxer just better hope he lets go so he doesn't die. 

^^This. Just look at Kimbo Slice. Good boxer, not a good MMA fighter.

Around the Network

Personally I think McGregor will take a much worse beating in the ring than Mayweather would take in an octagon because in MMA someone would just submit Mayweather very quickly or knock him right the fuck out. In the MMA you show any signs of being out of it, the fight is stopped. In boxing you get gloves that allow you to beat on each other over 12 rounds and you get 10 counts to recover. It allows you to take much more of a beating before you're finally done. That's the appeal of MMA. You can have a big fight last only a minute or it can go 3-5 full rounds. In boxing the fans enjoy seeing the movement and the defense and the technical skills so it's designed to allow the boxers to absorb more punishment.

Yeah, McGregor would submit Mayweather in the first round or knock him out. But then it would be over. Mayweather can work McGregor over for an entire boxing match and just pound him over and over and over. Personally I'd rather go out in round one.

I can't stand either one of these clowns. Would be hilarious if Mayweather knocked him out. But it's boxing. They probably already agreed McGregor would take a dive and walk away filthy rich. Otherwise there's no way Mayweather would have taken this fight. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Anyone who pays for this PPV is probably a sucker lol.

OHHHHHh SSNNNNNAAAP

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

McGregor is most likely going to get his ass whooped but he sure is entertaining.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Too much talk, not enough punching.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Personally I think McGregor will take a much worse beating in the ring than Mayweather would take in an octagon because in MMA someone would just submit Mayweather very quickly or knock him right the fuck out. In the MMA you show any signs of being out of it, the fight is stopped. In boxing you get gloves that allow you to beat on each other over 12 rounds and you get 10 counts to recover. It allows you to take much more of a beating before you're finally done. That's the appeal of MMA. You can have a big fight last only a minute or it can go 3-5 full rounds. In boxing the fans enjoy seeing the movement and the defense and the technical skills so it's designed to allow the boxers to absorb more punishment.

Yeah, McGregor would submit Mayweather in the first round or knock him out. But then it would be over. Mayweather can work McGregor over for an entire boxing match and just pound him over and over and over. Personally I'd rather go out in round one.

I can't stand either one of these clowns. Would be hilarious if Mayweather knocked him out. But it's boxing. They probably already agreed McGregor would take a dive and walk away filthy rich. Otherwise there's no way Mayweather would have taken this fight. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Anyone who pays for this PPV is probably a sucker lol.

He has his perfect record to lose and probably 300 million to gain. He has never been beat, he is cocky and thinks he is unbeatable. He will walk away from this fight 47-1 and 300 million richer talking about how if he was 10 years younger it would have been a different story. He is already setting that up with all this Im 40 now talk.

For mayweather this fight is money + perfect record vs more money.

He can make 300m and most likely point his way to a 50-0 record.

Or he can lose, make 300m, ruin his perfect record and then make even more in a rematch.

Win the rematch, it's now 1-1 so they go for a trilogy and he makes even more again.

So if he wants he can make 1BN plus from a trilogy or perfect record and 300m. Let's see which he prefers, record vs money.

I noticed right away today that Mayweather was suddenly, magically taller than Conor during the face off, which happened right off the hop. It took a bit, but Conor eventually busted him for wearing "High Heels". Ha. Definitely lifts at any rate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I noticed right away today that Mayweather was suddenly, magically taller than Conor during the face off, which happened right off the hop. It took a bit, but Conor eventually busted him for wearing "High Heels". Ha. Definitely lifts at any rate.

Yeah mayweather obviously didn't like looking up to him lol 

FIT_Gamer said:
Kerotan said:

You don't get killed in boxing like you do in MMA. Pillow hands only vs MMA gloves + elbows + legs 

I'm MMA fan, not really into boxing. Fact the of the matter is your more likely to suffer a fatal injury from "pillow hands" than MMA gloves. 

More weight behind the punches and boxing gloves make your head snap back with a lot more force. 

I believe there was never an official boxing match that ended in death till they started wearing gloves. Sure some were injured severely but no deaths in bare knuckles boxing. The gloves gives more surface area and force behind the punch. Not a boxing fan since 90s because it is just boring people and fights these days. I'd rather watch real fighting like MMA.