By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - NYT : "Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign"

Collusion?

yes 116 50.43%

no 22 9.57%

too early to tell? 35 15.22%

fake news 57 24.78%

Total:230
JRPGfan said:
numberwang said:
Let's not forget about the facts! Doubly checked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32CxeWTs1c

Report: Russian Mob Money Helped Build Donald Trump Business Empire

Worth a watch.

or better yet read the article:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

The article does not contain a single fact about 'mobster building' Trump's Empire. The only claim is that Russian citizens lived in one of many Trump's buildings for some time, as if that had any meaning. Fake news.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
JRPGfan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32CxeWTs1c

Report: Russian Mob Money Helped Build Donald Trump Business Empire

Worth a watch.

or better yet read the article:

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

The article does not contain a single fact about 'mobster building' Trump's Empire. The only claim is that Russian citizens lived in one of many Trump's buildings for some time, as if that had any meaning. Fake news.

just lots and lots of coincidences?

"David Bogatin went shopping for apartments in New York City. The 38-year-old had arrived in America seven years before, with just $3 in his pocket."

"Donald Trump was just coming into his own as a serious player in Manhattan real estate, and Trump Tower was the crown jewel of his growing empire. From the day it opened, the building was a hit—all but a few dozen of its 263 units had sold in the first few months. But Bogatin wasn’t deterred by the limited availability or the sky-high prices. The Russian plunked down $6 million to buy not one or two, but five luxury condos."

"If the transaction seemed suspicious—multiple apartments for a single buyer who appeared to have no legitimate way to put his hands on that much money—there may have been a reason. At the time, Russian mobsters were beginning to invest in high-end real estate, which offered an ideal vehicle to launder money from their criminal enterprises."

"It didn’t matter that you paid too much, because the real estate values would rise, and it was a way of turning dirty money into clean money. It was done very systematically, and it explained why there are so many high-rises where the units were sold but no one is living in them.”

^ So a russian comes to the US, has 3$ total to his name, but manages to buy 5 luxury condos from Trump. Then no one lived in them? 

"When Trump Tower was built,.... it was only the second high-rise in New York that accepted anonymous buyers."

"In 1987, just three years after he attended the closing with Trump, Bogatin pleaded guilty to taking part in a massive gasoline-bootlegging scheme with Russian mobsters. After he fled the country, the government seized his five condos at Trump Tower, saying that he had purchased them to “launder money, to shelter and hide assets.”

^ so this russian guy... who bought these luxury condos was actually convicted of laundering money? wow guess this is just fakenews?

"A Senate investigation into organized crime later revealed that Bogatin was a leading figure in the Russian mob in New York. His family ties, in fact, led straight to the top: His brother ran a $150 million stock scam with none other than Semion Mogilevich, whom the FBI considers the “boss of bosses” of the Russian mafia."

^ not just any russian mobster, but the brother to the "boss of bosses".

.... its too long for me to bother with this.. but it goes on in the same vaine.

Lots and lots of "coincidences".

JRPGfan said:

"A Senate investigation into organized crime later revealed that Bogatin was a leading figure in the Russian mob in New York. His family ties, in fact, led straight to the top: His brother ran a $150 million stock scam with none other than Semion Mogilevich, whom the FBI considers the “boss of bosses” of the Russian mafia."

^ not just any russian mobster, but the brother to the "boss of bosses".

If you want to make any progress at all, focus on firm evidence and don't make mistakes like "brother of the boss" and "brother of the boss's partner"

... or "only had $3" vs. "only had $3 seven years ago"

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Aeolus451 said:
Final-Fan said:

3.  I guess I did misunderstand you:  I had thought you were saying something more along the lines of "other politicians routinely break the spirit of the law more than Junior did, but Junior broke the letter of the law more than them"—whereas I now understand you to be saying something more like, "Junior only went a little further than others, if any at all, in terms of the spirit; but he clumsily came much closer than them to breaking the letter of the law."  Is that a more or less accurate picture of your thoughts? 

Basically. 

3.  In that case, I think we will also agree to disagree on the first part of that assertion. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

So a few more tidbits drops. Trump in rare form throws Sessions underneath the buss and also threaten Mueller.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/nyt-trump-warns-mueller-don-t-delve-in-finances-unrelated-to-russia-1003834947856

I thought we would never get this close to Trump actually doing something very stupid but I believe we are getting there. My prediction that Trump will serve out his 4 years is getting shaky. I am sure at some point and probably soon, Mueller is going to subpoena Trump Company and Trump is going to lose it and demand that the AG fire him. Once that happens all hell is going to break loose and I will order a large bag of salt and vinegar popcorn for the fall out.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
So a few more tidbits drops. Trump in rare form throws Sessions underneath the buss and also threaten Mueller.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/nyt-trump-warns-mueller-don-t-delve-in-finances-unrelated-to-russia-1003834947856

I thought we would never get this close to Trump actually doing something very stupid but I believe we are getting there. My prediction that Trump will serve out his 4 years is getting shaky. I am sure at some point and probably soon, Mueller is going to subpoena Trump Company and Trump is going to lose it and demand that the AG fire him. Once that happens all hell is going to break loose and I will order a large bag of salt and vinegar popcorn for the fall out.

The audio from that interview. 

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000005285371/donald-trump-interview-sessions-comey.html?&module=tv-carousel&action=click&pgType=Multimedia&contentPlacement=0

A new undisclosed meeting with Putin uncovered! ... in a room with dozens of diplomats, sitting apart from each other - now tell me this is not manufactured clickbait.

numberwang said:
A new undisclosed meeting with Putin uncovered! ... in a room with dozens of diplomats, sitting apart from each other - now tell me this is not manufactured clickbait.

Probably is clickbait but to be honest, I cared very little about Trump having meetings with Putin.  Instead the clickbait stuff is the times interview.  You would think Trump would have a few lawyers in the room letting him know when to say no comment.

Machiavellian said:
numberwang said:

Probably is clickbait but to be honest, I cared very little about Trump having meetings with Putin.  Instead the clickbait stuff is the times interview.  You would think Trump would have a few lawyers in the room letting him know when to say no comment.

Trump: I didn't have enough time to round up some Jews.

Spicer: It's not like...Hitler: I mean...even he didn't round up any Jews.

Gotta wonder if all the stupidity Trump does is to try and dim the perception of the severity of this obvious treason.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.