By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

Constantine and Matrix are nice additions.

I still need to get Bank Job Special Edition DVD

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

A few weeks are missing. BD market-share was over 10% this entire month of October and never went below $14 million.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

10/26: Source

* DVD sales down 4.83% to $123.16m
* Blu-ray sales down 1.26% to $17.71m
* DVD 88% Blu-ray 12%
* ALTD: 92/8

im missing sales data for 10/19. If anyone has a link place feel free to post it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/questex/hom788146PBP/#/2

For 10/19

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

For 10/19

awesome thanks, that little bit data has brought Blu-ray even closer to 9%.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

For 10/19

awesome thanks, that little bit data has brought Blu-ray even closer to 9%.

Looking at the op I was thinking to myself "hmm i wonder when it'll hit 9%" so then i was gonna comment asking when people think it'll hit 9.

If blu-ray has an awesome christmas I could see it getting up to 12%

Player prices are pretty affordable now. A lot of sub-$200 players by Black Friday and Christmas. But the bad economy will likely mean less people will be making the upgrade.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

11/2: Source

* DVD sales down 3.98% to $118.26m
* Blu-ray sales down 31% to $12.22m
* DVD 92% Blu-ray 8%

11/9: Source

* DVD sales up 0.25% to $118.55m
* Blu-ray sales down 10.04% to $10.99m
* DVD 92% Blu-ray 8%

Shouldn't we have the 13th's sales already? Anyone got a source?

BTW - I've seen mass blu-ray marketing blitz on TV. The Angelina Jolee movie where shes an assassin and the dark knight were on ALL day. And the didn't show or mention DVD's and talked about blu-ray features. It may shape up to be a successful Christmas for the format. Whyyyy too many people jumping on the "Blu-ray sales suck" bandwagon and you know who I'm talking about.