By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Yahoo rejects Microsoft ultimatum ???

NintendoMan said:
MS really want yahoo bad, I don't get why. Looks like ms by hook or crook will get them though.

Crook, in what way?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
Dodece said:

The same could be said for a Konami, Capcom, or Ubisoft. I am still rather shocked that they haven't made it a point to buy a major third party, and I am even more shocked that Nintendo hasn't moved in that direction yet.

MS already bought a major 3rd party, Rare.  Nintendo has recently bought companies and even owns part of Hudson.  Nintendo seems to prefer co-developing games with Sega and THQ more than buying them.  Sony still owns part of Square.

This does seem like an interesting deal but I'm not sure if will make much difference to the average person if MS buys yahoo or not. 

Tired of big government?
Join us @

imo, they overvalued rather than undervalued. it was a good deal and they should have taken it. I would assume most investors realize how much extra they would be getting over the actual worth of yahoo.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

endimion said:
I love how people love google just because their product is nice and cool... when their monopoly is actually more dangerous than any monopoly MS has ever had.....

google is basically controling the flow of information on the web... I don't know if I'm the only one but I think it's rather scary... you know personally who owns google..???? you know their political point of view ??? you know if they are good people ??

I DON'T and I'm rather worried by such a monopoly their for I do support a merging or take over between MS and yahoo... both will be stronger facing google... it's a win/win relationship we have there... just because it's MS everybody is against it.... that's so stupid... and emotion based.... with no analytical thinking...

This is true but because everyone is so anti-Microsoft they will always root for the other guy. It doesn't matter if that company is worst than MS, because no one takes the time to find out. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

yeap MrBubbles I totally agree with that... I don't understand yahoo!'s position... they've pretty much lost anyway... I don't see how the shareholders will turn down the offer....
the deal is better than anybody else is ready to offer.. has nobody has stepped in to make a bigger one.... they offer way more than the actual estimated value of the company.... that just madness and way to lose money.. a merging with MS for yahoo is in their interest anyway... whatever people seems to think on the forum... they both would be stronger against google... which is good for competition... and the basic principle of free flow of information on internet in a certain way...

Around the Network
gebx said:
If this Falls throught expect MS to purchase EA and Take Two!!!

I believe the $42 Billion yahoo offer is the only thing holding back MS from acquiring those two.

my question is: why not just make a new Yahoo rival? I bet 5 billion could make the site more pimped out more than yahoo, myspace, google, and wikipedia put together. Then they could purchase T2. (and EA)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
gebx said:
If this Falls throught expect MS to purchase EA and Take Two!!!

I believe the $42 Billion yahoo offer is the only thing holding back MS from acquiring those two.

my question is: why not just make a new Yahoo rival? I bet 5 billion could make the site more pimped out more than yahoo, myspace, google, and wikipedia put together. Then they could purchase T2. (and EA)

Did EA really buy Take Two???

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I think it would be great if Google stepped in with an offer, and, for some bizzare reason, Yahoo accepted it.

Just to see the look on Ballmer's face.

endimion said:
I love how people love google just because their product is nice and cool... when their monopoly is actually more dangerous than any monopoly MS has ever had.....

google is basically controling the flow of information on the web... I don't know if I'm the only one but I think it's rather scary... you know personally who owns google..???? you know their political point of view ??? you know if they are good people ?? 
 Google doesn't have a monopoly (95% or so) in anything.  If they did, someone would come out with something better or at least different enough to take some of their share soon enough, anyway.  So the worst case is really not bad and only short term. Google is owned by it's shareholders (did you know Google was a publicly traded company?).  I know at least one of these people.  He is a nice guy. 

Tired of big government?
Join us @