By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

They won't use the exact same UI as Other M had to the smallest detail, this is definitely not a leaked image, it's either directly from Other M or cheap photoshop.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

There isn't metal corridors in Other M as far as I know, so my image has to be from the Prime 4 leak. 

Woah.... there's going to be a third person mode in Prime 4? Bold move, hope it will pay off. 

Crysis Remastered getting a physical release on Switch: https://nintendoeverything.com/crysis-remastered-confirmed-for-physical-release-on-switch/

Nintendo now has 6574 employees. Some stats by region and gender:

- 2498 in Asia, split between 80.5% men and 19.5% women

- 1256 at Nintendo of America, 63.5% men and 36.5% women

- 901 at Nintendo of Europe, 61.9% men and 38.1% women

- 91 at Nintendo of Australia, 47 men and 44 women

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-has-over-6500-employees-breakdown-by-region-and-gender-split/

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Hard to convey sarcasm through text, maybe, but we all know we all know where that image is from.

Not all of us remember Metroid Other M though.

Oh I do. It scarred me for life.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 June 2021

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well it's harder to convey sarcasm through text. Almost as hard as it is for Adam Malkovich to not be a shitty supporting character.

Hard to convey sarcasm through text, maybe, but we all know we all know where that image is from.

Well I never played Other M, so it wasn't clear to me at first.

CaptainExplosion said:

I finally tried Kazuya, but only after beating the shit out of him as Captain Falcon.

Also, former Nintendo programmer Giles Goddard pitched F-Zero Switch, and Nintendo was stupid enough to turn him down. -_-

It's like Nintendo lacks common sense these days.

From how I understood the situation he pitched it to them and Nintendo said, 'looks neat, but you don't have enough staff to make this a reality. Come back when you do.' His argument was that once Nintendo signed the contract and paid him, he would have the money to hire enough staff, but I don't blame them for saying no here. Why should they pay him for a promise he isn't capable of fulfilling with his current staff? That's just asking for a project to go overbudget or flop.

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I finally tried Kazuya, but only after beating the shit out of him as Captain Falcon.

Also, former Nintendo programmer Giles Goddard pitched F-Zero Switch, and Nintendo was stupid enough to turn him down. -_-

It's like Nintendo lacks common sense these days.

From how I understood the situation he pitched it to them and Nintendo said, 'looks neat, but you don't have enough staff to make this a reality. Come back when you do.' His argument was that once Nintendo signed the contract and paid him, he would have the money to hire enough staff, but I don't blame them for saying no here. Why should they pay him for a promise he isn't capable of fulfilling with his current staff? That's just asking for a project to go overbudget or flop.

Especially after Nintendo's experience with Retro when it was founded where the business partner who helped found it embezzled some of the funds he was meant to use to help build the studio up.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

Especially after Nintendo's experience with Retro when it was founded where the business partner who helped found it embezzled some of the funds he was meant to use to help build the studio up.

Ok, those are valid points, but Nintendo could easily put together a team if they accepted Goddard's proposal. It's not like they lack the workforce.

Going by the information it's likely Nintendo supplying the team wasn't in the pitch, Nintendo has a big workforce yes but they also have many potential projects they could be working on themselves look at how they've been partnering up with second and third parties to do games now days that shows that even with their workforce it's still not enough.

The prototype design for Pyra in XBC2

Mario Kart Live gets an extra cup added via a free update:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-02-mario-kart-live-home-circuit-gets-a-surprise-new-update

Three new tracks and a new kart.