By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Today's Treehouse was focused toward indie games, so the release was timed for that.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Thought about making a thread for this but wasn't sure if I should when I could discuss it here; can we talk about how ridiculously great Luigi's Mansion 3 looks?

They really seem to have taken the best elements of both 1 and 2 to create a wonderful fusion. Its brimming with personality, seems polished to a fine sheen even in this pre-release build, and just straight-up seems like another Nintendo classic in the making. 

Honeslty, after this year is over, I'd be hard pressed to not say that the Switch probably has the best Nintendo librairy of all systems in their history.

Spoiler!
Once SMT V drops, I'd say it is my favorite Nintendo system of all time without a doubt.

By the end of this year for me it should have surpassed the N64, leaving only Wii and SNES ahead of it.

Mar1217 said:
Oh yeah, I kinda looked into Nintendo release schedule for Switch from the end of August until the end of September and this is totally crazy !

August 30th - Astral Chain
September 3rd - Spyro Reignited Trilogy
September 13th - Daemon x Machina
September 17th - AI : The Somium Files (It really counts for me !)
September 20th - Zelda : Link's Awakening Remake
September 20th - Nino Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered
September 24th - Contra ; Rogue Corps
September 27th - Dragon Quest XI : Echoes of an Elusive Age S - Definitive Edition

Of course, I didn't mention some other titles but this is probably one of the most packed month I've ever seen for a Nintendo console since ever probably !

Plus there's a chance other titles like Trine 3 and 4 or Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair could come out in that timeframe. Just bonkers.

Too late to comment on E3? very good games shown but the highlight for me was the sequel to BOTW! I dedicate that game to him 220 hours on my Wii U and I'll buy it again sometime in Switch!

Also, I'm not a fan of Banjo Kazooie but I'm glad his announcement. Many people were asking for it.

Astral Chain seems better and better. Day 1 for me

PD: I was working when the Nintendo Direct E3 was broadcast, otherwise I would have jumped like crazy with the announcement of the BOTW 2 sequel.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 13 June 2019

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Angry mole Mr. Resetti has sadly been made redundant.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/random_animal_crossings_angry_mole_mr_resetti_has_lost_his_job?fbclid=IwAR08pim9hNHjy0hbek7WY5LsgFXdGTpznG1hS0Svf7dMq8QW6tJFXQ7zwW8

After today's Treehouse showing, I think I may have to change my "shelve and save for 2020" game from Yooka Laylee & the Impossible Lair to Link's Awakening.

Yooka just looks so damn good, I don't think I can wait til next year. Strong Tropical Freeze vibes.

Around the Network

Looking at view counts, Nintendo's treehouse stuff has really become a big deal. I remember when they first started this format it was nowhere near as big (or well presented). They really have the format down to a science.

Also, seeing Trials of Mana in the Treehouse sold me. I had some concerns it might be like the Secret of Mana remake but this is looking way, way better.

Nuvendil said:

Looking at view counts, Nintendo's treehouse stuff has really become a big deal. I remember when they first started this format it was nowhere near as big (or well presented). They really have the format down to a science.

Also, seeing Trials of Mana in the Treehouse sold me. I had some concerns it might be like the Secret of Mana remake but this is looking way, way better.

I didn't realise how much I needed Astral Chain until I watched the Treehouse gameplay. Also nice to get a good look at Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it's mechanics, though I'm still not hot for that game as I'd like to be.

Nuvendil said:

I think the Zelda treehouses from the year before Switch launch were one of the best things ever done at E3.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

PSO2 coming to all platforms.

https://jackofallcontrollers.com/2019/06/13/phil-spencer-confirms-phantasy-star-online-2-for-ps4-and-nintendo-switch/amp/?fbclid=IwAR24iLRXF7yW5LSbAd8zLj9wgfV6bPHC3JuR7_w6YTxv-uBpkkrXv1G9F_M

This is how Banjo's arrival is going down on some boards.