By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Stellar_Fungk said:
I getting my ass handel to me in Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. I’m in the last word and I got enough. Did any of you have any difficulties with this game?

The default levels are ok. The special levels are those where the real challenge starts.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Shaqazooloo0 said:

Also, I don't know how anyone ever beat Fireman in MM1, period. I was literally taking hits pretty much any frame I wasn't invincible and I don't understand how I was supposed avoid damage. I had to abuse the rewinds like mad and found myself in situations where it was impossible for me to not get hit.

The flame projectiles a big enough problem, but flames that got left behind were overkill, since they seemed to spawn under you, meaning you always had to be moving and getting in to position to be able to jump over the ones after, but he throws so many and theirs so much you have to account for.

The level itself wasn't bad, but that boss- woof. It's a real doozy.

Was there an easier way?

Every boss is weak to a specific weapon. If you can't beat fireman, beat iceman first to get ice weapon. I don't know what helps against iceman. Cutman is the easiest of the bunch so go kill him first.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Mmm, yeah, looks like I'm gonna be getting that Mario+Rabbids DLC afterall!

N++ ultimate edition released today on Switch.
Little question: does anyone know the difference between ps4 and switch version?
(502 MB for Switch vs 4+ GB for PS4) there must be a reason.

I should pick it on Switch unless there is something missing.

So I've assembled the piano and the house from the Labo Variety Kit, and I didn't quite expect either of them to work as well as they've done during my testing. I figured the experience would be closer to something like Wii Sports Boxing with lots of unregistered input commands and the game not doing what you expect it to about 75% of the time. A great product from a quality perspective, though I'm unsure about the longevity.

Now I have to figure out where the heck to store these things.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
jenpol said:
N++ ultimate edition released today on Switch.
Little question: does anyone know the difference between ps4 and switch version?
(502 MB for Switch vs 4+ GB for PS4) there must be a reason.

I should pick it on Switch unless there is something missing.

A confirmed case is Rayman Legends. The Switch version's file size is notably smaller than other consoles' (something like 2 GB vs. 9 GB), but it's the whole game.

Well, apparently the Switch version has its issues though, presumably as a result of the compression:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-rayman-legends-definitive-edition-isnt-definitive

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, apparently the Switch version has its issues though, presumably as a result of the compression:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-rayman-legends-definitive-edition-isnt-definitive

Ubisoft is a shitty developer and publisher, so compression in and of itself is not a problem. After all, Nintendo almost always compresses their own games and there are no issues with quality control.

If Nintendo subsidized the costs of the carts and allowed external drives I don't think this would even be an issue that we'd have to be discussing, though.

Thanks,
I bought N++ Switch's version and it's exactly the same game (60 FPS + all the pixels). Surely, compression and maybe the removal of the 4K reduced its footprint.

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

Ubisoft is a shitty developer and publisher, so compression in and of itself is not a problem. After all, Nintendo almost always compresses their own games and there are no issues with quality control.

If Nintendo subsidized the costs of the carts and allowed external drives I don't think this would even be an issue that we'd have to be discussing, though.

In the case of Rayman, Ubisoft wasn't even willing to settle with PS4 level margins per physical sale (8GB cart) so I don't think that would make a difference.  I mean, if thr 8GB cart was SOOOO expensive as some have decided to start claiming in the face of highly credible evidence to the contrary, than why is Bethesda using the 16GB so much?

Nuvendil said:
VGPolyglot said:

In the case of Rayman, Ubisoft wasn't even willing to settle with PS4 level margins per physical sale (8GB cart) so I don't think that would make a difference.  I mean, if thr 8GB cart was SOOOO expensive as some have decided to start claiming in the face of highly credible evidence to the contrary, than why is Bethesda using the 16GB so much?

If Nintendo offered their carts at a flat rate, I'm almost sure that publishers would choose to go with larger ones.