Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: The Official Nintendo Thread

curl-6 said:

Well, just finished the Outer Worlds on Switch.

The game itself is now retroactively my GOTY for 2019, and while the port itself was rough, it was playable and didn't ruin the game's core greatness. Hopefully the incoming patch redeems it a bit, as right now it seems like it's been written off as crap just on the basis of Digital Foundry and cherry-picked screenshots of it at its worst.

CaptainExplosion said:

Since I doubt we'll ever get GoldenEye or Perfect Dark on Switch, they could make it their answer to those games.

Also, am I the only one who was a little disappointed that the Nintendo Switch startup sequence can only be played once on your Switch system?

Just some kind of Nintendo take on the FPS genre, just as Splatoon was their take on the TPS genre, would be an intriguing proposition to me.

And I don't mind too much to be honest.

All I can think of regarding a Nintendo take on the FPS genre is this fanmade Mario FPS from a while back.



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Well, just finished the Outer Worlds on Switch.

The game itself is now retroactively my GOTY for 2019, and while the port itself was rough, it was playable and didn't ruin the game's core greatness. Hopefully the incoming patch redeems it a bit, as right now it seems like it's been written off as crap just on the basis of Digital Foundry and cherry-picked screenshots of it at its worst.

Just some kind of Nintendo take on the FPS genre, just as Splatoon was their take on the TPS genre, would be an intriguing proposition to me.

And I don't mind too much to be honest.

All I can think of regarding a Nintendo take on the FPS genre is this fanmade Mario FPS from a while back.

Personally I'd much prefer something with its own sense of style, like Splatoon.

I really think a Nintendo FPS that's a new IP and has both a campaign and a multiplayer component could take off and become a major franchise.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.



Wyrdness said:

It better bring back partners.



https://realotakugamer.com/octopath-traveller-spirit-board-event-announced-for-smash-bros-ultimate?fbclid=IwAR21LumGLiGP2iq-4GF5mFql3nNXsxN9q92-jx7boOoVIdw4V0blTpmcnbc



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

It better bring back partners.

The reviews will surely mention it when they drop. It might score well, i think. We'll see.



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It better bring back partners.

The reviews will surely mention it when they drop. It might score well, i think. We'll see.

The game has already been detailed other characters are only temporary members of the party and are story specific while one character who provides unique abilities is a permanent member.



Wyrdness said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

The reviews will surely mention it when they drop. It might score well, i think. We'll see.

The game has already been detailed other characters are only temporary members of the party and are story specific while one character who provides unique abilities is a permanent member.

Lame. -_-



So, what do you think about Divinity II?
I'm on the fence, it looks good.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


Pavolink said:
So, what do you think about Divinity II?
I'm on the fence, it looks good.

Eh, don't really know enough about it to decide if I'd like it or not.