By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

m I the only one thinking it's reaaaaaally too early to schedule a Gen 9 launch? How the hell do they manage to release one game each year? Seriously? Two open world games in one year? that's insane and leaves me sceptical when it comes to quality of the games. Once again they need to eiher take their time or upgrade their team. That trailer looked like rubbish graphically. We're not even on gamecube level here.
and i am a bit dissapointed cauz if this releases at the end of 2022, then there will be no zelda.

Around the Network
heavenmercenary01 said:

m I the only one thinking it's reaaaaaally too early to schedule a Gen 9 launch? How the hell do they manage to release one game each year? Seriously? Two open world games in one year? that's insane and leaves me sceptical when it comes to quality of the games. Once again they need to eiher take their time or upgrade their team. That trailer looked like rubbish graphically. We're not even on gamecube level here.
and i am a bit dissapointed cauz if this releases at the end of 2022, then there will be no zelda.

It’s actually right on time as a new generation is every 3 years. I agree with your points though. For how much money Game Freak makes constantly from game sales, which is more than most game companies, they somehow can’t afford a better engine for their games. I think it’s more they’re still learning how to only make home console games since mainline Pokémon games was a handheld gaming franchise for 20 years. 

But it’s hard to be optimistic for Pokémon games these days. 

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet looks surprisingly good already.

This game, much like Arceus, looks like one that needs to be delayed and honestly should.
It’s not like the Switch needs ANOTHER big game for 2022, this year already looks stacked.

Mar1217 said:
PAOerfulone said:

This game, much like Arceus, looks like one that needs to be delayed and honestly should.
It’s not like the Switch needs ANOTHER big game for 2022, this year already looks stacked.

To be frank, since this is stated as Late 2022, I've got the feeling this is the Holiday game for Nintendo this year.

Meaning that BOTW 2 won't come out before next year in that case. No way, there gonna release both games near each other. So yeah, my prediction now is BOTW 2 in March 2023

Nintendo has released two juggernauts near each other before.  Pokemon Lets Go came out a month before Smash Ultimate.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Mar1217 said:

To be frank, since this is stated as Late 2022, I've got the feeling this is the Holiday game for Nintendo this year.

Meaning that BOTW 2 won't come out before next year in that case. No way, there gonna release both games near each other. So yeah, my prediction now is BOTW 2 in March 2023

Nintendo has released two juggernauts near each other before.  Pokemon Lets Go came out a month before Smash Ultimate.

Hell, if they REALLY wanted to, they could have released Sword/Shield and Animal Crossing back to back in Holiday 2019 like they had originally planned. 

Mar1217 said:
PAOerfulone said:

They have to have been planning to release both Pokémon Gen 9 and BotW2 this year for quite some time. Releasing two huge games side by side is not unusual for Nintendo.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 28 February 2022

So hackers hacked Nvidia and they have been releasing some info. One particular note of interest is from their DLSS source code leak:

https://www.techpowerup.com/292479/nvidia-dlss-source-code-leaked

If you look through the source code, you will find: "nvn_dlss_backend.h", "nvndlss.cpp", and "nvn_dlss.cpp"

NVN is the name of the API that the Switch uses: https://archive.fo/45GgZ

There are also other leaks from Nvidia's database regarding the naming structure of Nvidia's upcoming architecture called Lovelace (AD). And a very reliable leaker who has correctly leaked Ampere's entire lineup correctly a year in advanced states that AD10B is going to be built specifically for Tegra.

Now take it with a grain of salt but it is certainly sounding like Switch 2 will be pretty fap worthy.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mar1217 said:
PAOerfulone said:

I still think BOTW 2 could still come out this year. My guess is BOTW 2 is third week of October and Pokemon SV is third week of November.

Captain_Yuri said:

So hackers hacked Nvidia and they have been releasing some info. One particular note of interest is from their DLSS source code leak:

https://www.techpowerup.com/292479/nvidia-dlss-source-code-leaked

If you look through the source code, you will find: "nvn_dlss_backend.h", "nvndlss.cpp", and "nvn_dlss.cpp"

NVN is the name of the API that the Switch uses: https://archive.fo/45GgZ

There are also other leaks from Nvidia's database regarding the naming structure of Nvidia's upcoming architecture called Lovelace (AD). And a very reliable leaker who has correctly leaked Ampere's entire lineup correctly a year in advanced states that AD10B is going to be built specifically for Tegra.

Now take it with a grain of salt but it is certainly sounding like Switch 2 will be pretty fap worthy.

That really makes me wonder why Nintendo is the only console maker partnering with Nvidia. Maybe AMD is just cheaper?

I guess the Switch would definitely be the best one to fully take advantage of upscaling tech like DLSS.