By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony give Sly a chance on the PS4?

I had plenty of fun with Sly 4, and it convinced me to go out and get the original trilogy which I hadn't played. I'd love to see another.

Cliffhanger or no, I just want another Sly. If that means remaking the series so more people can jump on board and boost sales, then so be it. Gaming needs a 3D platforming renaissance of sorts.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
pokoko said:

Do you have a source for that?  At least about Naughty Dog, my understanding is that they made the decision themselves.  I know that cancelling the recent reboot was Naughty Dog's decision.

I mean its common sense to be honest. If that weren't the case, why would Sanzuru make Sly 4 instead of Sucker Punch. They were too busy with the Infamous: Second Son. 

I suppose that it could have been the Studio's decision but when it comes down to it Sony are the ones that are in control of what their first party put out. 

You could be right in the sense that Insomniac are the only ones that wanted to revisit their PS2 franchise.

Third-party studios are something different in that they make a pitch or are offered a contract for a project.

I don't know about Sucker Punch, which is part of why I asked about a source, but I know that Naughty Dog pretty much gets to decide what they want to do.  They were working on a Jak reboot, decided they didn't like the direction, and changed to something else (The Last of Us).  I'm pretty sure Guerrilla Games said something similar when they decided to switch to Horizon over the project they had originally chosen.

Yes, please. One of my favorite gaming series.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Yes, of course.

Azuren said:
I would much rather see more inFAMOUS

Why is it an either/or? We got both InFAMOUS and Sly on the PS3.

Around the Network

Sly had a chance on PS3 and did little - I think they could try with Sly on PSVR, as 3D plattformers feel much fresher in VR and the added depth perception is a game changer

Lafiel said:
Sly had a chance on PS3 and did little - I think they could try with Sly on PSVR, as 3D plattformers feel much fresher in VR and the added depth perception is a game changer

Like I said, I don't think Sly 4's sales was representative of Sly's potential on the PS4, just like Into the Nexus wasn't representative of Ratchet's potential on PS4.

Putting Sly on PSVR would doom it. Not only because the PSVR has a tiny userbase to begin with, but I'd wager the overlap between Sly fans and PSVR owners is even smaller. Just put it on the goddamn PS4.

I think we will see Sly Cooper and other IPs return in similar veins to Ratchet and Clank and Crash.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3