By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon GO has earned $1.2 billion, 752 million downloads

monocle_layton said:
naruball said:

My problem exactly with this company. They want to spend as little as possible. They are cheap as fuck and only get away with it because their fans will buy anything as long as it has Pokemon.

The potential for greatness is there, but they can't be bothered.

We don't need to spend that much money lol. That'll be on the lines of a next gen GTA 6 game.

However, we all know the games aren't made for anything more than 10,000,000 (maybe more with ads). A Switch version will probably see them use more, but don't forget that throwing money at games doesn't automatically make them better

Yeah, I know. But then again, who says they should throw money at it? I'm sure they could also use it wisely. Hire more people to make a more beautiful world (like in Zelda), hire some proper writers for a change, since dialogues and story always suck in Pokemon, and invest in some better music producers. If it's one thing I appreciate in SE is that they create games with all of the above. They didn't stick to the FF 1 formula. They changed significantly with time and the games (to me) feel like they deserve the asking price. Whether they are better or more fun games than Pokemon ones is debatable, of course.

Around the Network
naruball said:
monocle_layton said:

We don't need to spend that much money lol. That'll be on the lines of a next gen GTA 6 game.

However, we all know the games aren't made for anything more than 10,000,000 (maybe more with ads). A Switch version will probably see them use more, but don't forget that throwing money at games doesn't automatically make them better

Yeah, I know. But then again, who says they should throw money at it? I'm sure they could also use it wisely. Hire more people to make a more beautiful world (like in Zelda), hire some proper writers for a change, since dialogues and story always suck in Pokemon, and invest in some better music producers. If it's one thing I appreciate in SE is that they create games with all of the above. They didn't stick to the FF 1 formula. They changed significantly with time and the games (to me) feel like they deserve the asking price. Whether they are better or more fun games than Pokemon ones is debatable, of course.

Pokemon Black/White actually had a good plot though. It wasn't generic and N had the potential to expand the plot even more.

I know a lot of people hated Gen 5 because of three pokemon, but it did a lot right. The music, world, and plot were outstanding. I'm hoping the new director can finally achieve his true visions with a console that is powerful

monocle_layton said:
naruball said:

Pokemon Black/White actually had a good plot though. It wasn't generic and N had the potential to expand the plot even more.

I know a lot of people hated Gen 5 because of three pokemon, but it did a lot right. The music, world, and plot were outstanding. I'm hoping the new director can finally achieve his true visions with a console that is powerful

Hm. Never played Black/White so I have no idea. I'll probably checκ out a youtube video or two to get a rough idea.