By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon GO has earned $1.2 billion, 752 million downloads

Teeqoz said:
Luke888 said:

Nintendo also owns part of Niantic

True, and Niantic also owns a part of Nintendo. The plot thickens...

"Nintendo is a shareholder in the game’s developer Niantic Inc. and Pokemon Co., but has an "effective economic stake" of just 13 percent in the app"

I'm surprised that 60 million still play down from 100 Million, which is not that much of a percentage drop, I used to see people everywhere playing now its a rarity seeing them, are people just less obvious when they're playing now?

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
Teeqoz said:

True, and Niantic also owns a part of Nintendo. The plot thickens...

"Nintendo is a shareholder in the game’s developer Niantic Inc. and Pokemon Co., but has an "effective economic stake" of just 13 percent in the app"

I'm surprised that 60 million still play down from 100 Million, which is not that much of a percentage drop, I used to see people everywhere playing now its a rarity seeing them, are people just less obvious when they're playing now?

That's because now they're ashamed: when Pokémon Go was the latest fashion, being addicted was trendy too, now the latest trend is something else, and that hefty 60% of players that remained addicted are just junkies and don't want anymore to let other people know it.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

naruball said:
Jranation said:

Your not a pokemon fan? What pokemon games you played?

Pokemon Blue, Pokemon red, a bit, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Silver and a bit of Gold. Emerald at some point I think. Then Pokemon Y which I never beat (I did buy a 3ds for it, though) because it didn't feel different enough from Pokemon Blue. Most recently Pokemon Go since it came out. The only thing that could bring me back is an ambitious one like Ni no kuni with great story and a beautiful world to explore.

Oh sweet! Im also hoping that the Pokemon Switch game will be a massive change for the series. My last game was Pokemon X. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Just recently gone back myself for the raids. Gen 2 wasn't enough on it's own. It's a better game than it was at launch by quite a bit. Still a little too buggy for me.

I wish I worked at the Pokemon Company...

Around the Network

That's very impressive. Even if Nintendo only gets a small cut, it's still quite a lot, and definitely is good advertisement

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

naruball said:
Jranation said:

Your not a pokemon fan? What pokemon games you played?

Pokemon Blue, Pokemon red, a bit, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Silver and a bit of Gold. Emerald at some point I think. Then Pokemon Y which I never beat (I did buy a 3ds for it, though) because it didn't feel different enough from Pokemon Blue. Most recently Pokemon Go since it came out. The only thing that could bring me back is an ambitious one like Ni no kuni with great story and a beautiful world to explore.

So you want the mainline Pokemon series to go to an action-based RPG, not a traditional turn-based RPG? Interesting. Though it'll probably be like Pokken in a way, though limited to four moves and all since you don't want to stray too far from the RPG elements that Pokemon has instilled in its foundation. It's fine if you don't think the games are ambitious, but not everything as to be. And to me, they have had games that are ambitious in their own way, especially for handhelds. Various features over the years have also changed how battles are done, with the use of weather effects, statistical updates in IVs, nature, added types, breeding, Mega stones, Z-moves, etc., not to mention the added double, triple, and rotational battles. And seeing how there are so many players competing in some of these championships with ease with handhelds and such, I can see how Pokemon allows varied play.

And to your point about a beautiful world to explore, I think Game Freak can do that. It's not like they haven't done it recently as I really enjoyed exploring Kalos and Alola. Varied environments and landscapes are shown in those games. They can also do great story once more, like Gen 5, which I'm not sure if you played those games. It'll be interesting to see how they'll tackle HD development as its not easy to do.

Kai_Mao said:
naruball said:

So you want the mainline Pokemon series to go to an action-based RPG, not a traditional turn-based RPG? Interesting. Though it'll probably be like Pokken in a way, though limited to four moves and all since you don't want to stray too far from the RPG elements that Pokemon has instilled in its foundation. It's fine if you don't think the games are ambitious, but not everything as to be. And to me, they have had games that are ambitious in their own way, especially for handhelds. Various features over the years have also changed how battles are done, with the use of weather effects, statistical updates in IVs, nature, added types, breeding, Mega stones, Z-moves, etc., not to mention the added double, triple, and rotational battles. And seeing how there are so many players competing in some of these championships with ease with handhelds and such, I can see how Pokemon allows varied play.

And to your point about a beautiful world to explore, I think Game Freak can do that. It's not like they haven't done it recently as I really enjoyed exploring Kalos and Alola. Varied environments and landscapes are shown in those games. They can also do great story once more, like Gen 5, which I'm not sure if you played those games. It'll be interesting to see how they'll tackle HD development as its not easy to do.

If not a mainline, then a spin off. But an ambitious spin off.

I'm not saying that everything HAS to be ambitious, but for me Pokemon is a game/franchise that doesn't feel modern enough. It has its fans but it does little for me. That's why I'm fine with it continuing to do what it pleases fans but I, personally, will keep away until they invest some money in it and make it worth the asking price. Most likely, that won't happen.

I don't know if they can since I haven't played either. But I can see someone flying over a beautfiful world on a Charizard as something a lot of people would appreciate.

Jranation said:
naruball said:

Oh sweet! Im also hoping that the Pokemon Switch game will be a massive change for the series. My last game was Pokemon X. 

Here's hoping!

(also, huge fan of your avatars)

naruball said:

If not a mainline, then a spin off. But an ambitious spin off.

I'm not saying that everything HAS to be ambitious, but for me Pokemon is a game/franchise that doesn't feel modern enough. It has its fans but it does little for me. That's why I'm fine with it continuing to do what it pleases fans but I, personally, will keep away until they invest some money in it and make it worth the asking price. Most likely, that won't happen.

I don't know if they can since I haven't played either. But I can see someone flying over a beautfiful world on a Charizard as something a lot of people would appreciate.

I mean they've always made the most of what can out of the 3DS/etc. hardware, which could always only do so much with the franchise being one that will always stick to a handheld device, so the Switch Pokemon game is one that will see a big graphical leap due to the more advanced hardware.

^Btw there was soaring on your mega latios/latias in Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.