By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 20th May 2017, Hardware and Software

F.Scofield said:
Great numbers for ps4, the switch numbers is just ew.

Stock issues and Apple hogging up resources explains why.

Tbh I wish Apple just stopped making iphones. Damn their  one year cycle. I'd rather get a Switch any day of the week.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Given the fact that the Switch effectively has a 1:1 Sales Ratio with Breath of the Wild, it would be fair to assume that the switch has therefore sold at or around 2,837,078 by the 20th of May Since there isn't many people who have bought that system but not that game.

Nintendo has shipped 2.7m units of Switch at end of March, and shortages were constant from launch until now (they still are). We know that Switch sold in March and April in US. around 1.2m and around 800k for same time in Japan, so that's 2m of sales just for US and Japan at end of April, without Europe and rest of world and without any of May sales. So it's much safer to assume that Switch sold around 3.5m buy the 20th of May.

VGPolyglot said:
Injustice 2 actually sold pretty well!! I guess Netherrealm Studios now have two hit fighting franchises that they can rely on.

The game is dope as hell.

Another excellent week for PS4 this month. Supplies slow NS down again, but it's doing very well, whatever is shipped, is sold.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PS4 is dominating the chart.

Around the Network

Switch has sold over 4 million in less than 3 months

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo should promote FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia better. It´s such an incredible game but we have not seem advertisements of it anywhere...... it could sell much better

Stock situation in uk has somewhat recovered at least with the neon version. Many Argos stores have it available. There was definitely a huge spike of demand because of Mario Kart. Demand is still strong though just at a much lower level.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

Seems pretty clear the Switch has pushed Xbox One into third place for weekly sales although at the current sales level would take a very long time to overtake the xbox one's actual number of consoles sold. I just can't see the ps4 being caught at all. There will be a lot of distance between 1st place and 2nd place console sales.

Still many uk shops aren't giving a huge amount of space for Switch. It's pretty much ps4 and xbox one when you go into game stores with no Switch demo models etc. Maybe this will change especially with the run up to Christmas where it will be important to be seen.

Pretty sure the Switch could quadruple these sales, were it not for stock issues.