By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jose Otero is leaving IGN and starting a job at Nintendo

Shikamo said:
VGPolyglot said:
Which games did he review? I'm not familiar with the IGN staff.

Splatoon, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros Wii U, Mario 3d World, Mario Kart 8 and some others.

Oh, so quite a bit of the noteworthy games! So, he's also the one that gave BotW a 10/10.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Nintendo seems to hire a lot of gaming 'personalities'.

Yeps, especially from IGN.

That is so awesome! I wonder what he'll exactly be doing at Nintendo!

Please like and subscribe!

C0LINx said:
Cobretti2 said:
People still read IGN?

Not read, but listen to. Nintendo Voice Chat is one of the few podcasts I can stand to listen to. Sad that he is leaving but happy for him, sure it must be a dream come true. Congrats to him!

I used to listen in the early days of Cassimassina and Bozon, then took a long hiatus after it seemed like the podcast seemed to become more of a soapbox to trash/whine about Nintendo than actual information/insight. But kinda jumped back on board in the past couple of years when Otero was with the show and they seemed to mature and got back to more unbiased and level headed discussions.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

The more voices of core gamers that Nintendo has internally the better, so this is fine with me. Honestly people like Reggie are kinda useless.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
The more voices of core gamers that Nintendo has internally the better, so this is fine with me. Honestly people like Reggie are kinda useless.

I don't know what you think Reggie's job is but it ain't something Jose could do and he certainly isn't useless.  

Cobretti2 said:
People still read IGN?

I stopped visiting after the Tekken 7 situation some time ago. I used to visit it everyday.

onionberry said:
Richard George, Audrey Drake and Now Jose Otero. IGN is an internship for Nintendo XD

Well rememberd. Audrey even presented the Nintendo Treehouse demonstration of Metroid Samus Returns last E3.

They must love their jobs

Cobretti2 said:
People still read IGN?

Like it or not IGN is still the biggest game news website out there. No one can really stand up to them either. Gamespot or Kotaku may have had a chance but their site layout is honestly just too atrocious to be able to compete tbh.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
think-man said:

I stopped visiting after the Tekken 7 situation some time ago. I used to visit it everyday.

What tekken situation? That idiot from IGN trash talking the tekken dev?

OT: Now IGN have a free spot , should hire again vincente ingenito, you know , that guy that was the best reviewer at ign that they fired cause a certain console review :S

It was his original trash talk that made me swear to never go on their website again.