By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Dynasty Warriors 9 gameplay footage!!

Looks awesome! Can't wait.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

That looked awesome! What systems is it coming on?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

The heck!

Wu is the best for sure. You already know I been skipping due to the lack of Wu love. The addition of Cheng Pu of course changing that mindset.

Just to throw more shade :P, the best DW of course had the most Wu characters compared to the other kingdoms like DW3 :).

Shu>Wei>Jin>Wu

Don't get me wrong, I do like some Wu characters (especially Gan Ning), but to me they just seem to be really lacking in likeable characters compared to the other kingdoms. Oh, and they also have the two Qiaos (the two most boring and generic characters), which doesn't exactly help

Edit: And what's with all the Wu fans on VGC? Where my Shu boyz be at?

2nd Edit: Oh and Wu also have one of the worst stages in the games. That Sun Ce being cursed by a mystic stage sucks hard every time it's been in a DW game! Really hope they just do it with a cutscene or something in #9

Lol looks like your the only one here who doesn't like Wu

Oh and Gan Ning was ruined. Was at his best back in DW4/5.

Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:

Lol looks like your the only one here who doesn't like Wu

Oh and Gan Ning was ruined. Was at his best back in DW4/5.

No way! New Gan Ning is bad ass!

Tsk tsk, old Gan Ning ftw!! Plus Wu has Zhou Tai, who has been my main since they made Ma Chao crap after DW 5. The last few adds to Wu have been pretty weak, so I'm happy Cheng Pu looks legit asf. 

Not bad, but doesn't really show how the game actually plays out. There's a few mostly stationary scenes with hacking some enemies, then a few where the trailer is basically just showing off scenery. I'm definitely not complaining, but the only thing you can make any kind of judgement about from this video is graphics, and there's no surprises there. It looks better and actually half-decent for a Dynasty Warriors game, but at the same time, the environments look pretty barren and empty, just as expected. Oh, and I suppose the battle scenes showed mostly (relatively) small groups of enemies with no more enemies in sight, which is a bit worrying, but this trailer seems to be from a relatively early stage of development, so I'm not too worried yet.

Ka-pi96 said:

Where my Shu boyz be at?

Shu's overrated!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Zkuq said:

Shu's overrated!

Nah mate, Shu's most underrated! Not enough Shu representation in the roster. Need at least Yan Yan and Liao Hua added for #9! Oh and Xiahou Ba should be switched to Shu too, ya know since he never fought a single battle for Jin but did fight a fair few for Shu...

Not enough Shu representation? Hah! Shu had the most in DW8, four more than either Wei or Wu. Yan Yan wouldn't add a very long arc to the story, so I'm not sure he should be added. He'd be a great addition but only for a short while... Liao Hua, on the other hand, should have been in the series a long time ago! He's not really a very interesting character, but his ridiculously long career more than makes up for it. Then again, that's why he's a character that should definitely have aging in the game, which is something we've never seen in the series, I think. I agree about Xiahou Ba as well. I was kind of baffled in DW8 when he was listed under Jin.

Ka-pi96 said:

Although to be perfectly honest, for new officers I'd rather see some additions to the other category. Would love to see Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shu added. They add a bit to what's there already, but if DW9 continues from 8 in offering hypothetical scenarios too then both of those could really add a lot. What if Gongsun Zan had beat Yuan Shao rather than the other way round? What if Yuan Shu had been able to properly establish the Zhong kingdom as he tried to? Time to add a 5th kingdom don't you think?

Yuan Shu is long overdue, that's for sure. They even increased his role in DW8, so now the need is greater than ever. Not sure about Gonsun Zan though. He sure has potential, but adding him would require considerable efforts due to his story being almost completely ignored so far, so I don't think it's going to happen. I'd like it to, though.

Personally I kind of think it might be better if the strict division into kingdoms was abolished from the games. There's a lot of characters that have history even before joining their 'kingdom', and the games mostly focus on the time before the kingdoms were actually a thing. It's strange seeing all the characters talk about kingdoms possibly as early as before the year 200, whereas Wei was officially founded as late as 213. I think getting rid of the strict division into kingdoms could benefit the series by emphasizing the somewhat chaotic nature of the era, and by making it clearer that the kingdoms came from factions forming around certain individuals (i.e. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Sun Quan) that were originally just warlords, just like a lot of other people.

I've also been thinking it could improve the narrative and quality of the story mode if there was just one grand story mode instead of one for every kingdom or character. I don't think it's going to happen though, since KT seems to be more interested in individual generals than the big picture. Having just a unified story mode would almost certainly make the characters feel more distant because it's hard to be on one side in one battle and on another side in the next one.

Looks the part compared to the older DW titles.

I can already imagine a mate of mine trying to buy me a copy over on Steam in order to get me to play it with him.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Wow, is this really Dynasty Warriors? It looks amazing!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Looks fantastic