Nautilus said:
StarOcean said:

I'm playing all 3

Thats some dedication XD

It's my fave series v.v XD I know itll be amazing

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Wyrdness said:
After seeing the game now I have a feeling the Switch version is going to be a remade version of the 3DS version only with the 3D elements closer to the PS4 version and cel-shaded.

This is what I've been dreading since I first saw the 3DS version last year.

That's the thing though it's actually a good thing, the 3DS version is actually surprisingly good it's essentially a handheld version of the PS4 game blow for blow going by what was shown, the Switch version is likely to be inbetween even as a remake of the 3DS version only with the 3D side of things closer to the likes of DQVIII and the PS4 version. 

It looks brilliant, PLEASE Nintendo you have to bring this one to America! I hate begging for these games, don't know why people don't buy them. I begged for 7 for years until it finally made it here, fortunately I didn't have to beg for 8 (tbh I had already given up to it, since at the time 7 didn't make it here).

I really hope it's a dq9 case again, that Nintendo brings it, publish it and give it enough buzz for it to sell a million copies here!

Just skipping through to see Switch footage. But since that is what people would like to see the most, there won't be any Switch footage.

For a 3da game it looks pretty good. No Switch version as expected.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
KilleyMc said:

If the 3DS version gets a western release then that's the one I'll play.

Is that because you consider the 3DS version better/more interesting than the other ones?

Portability is a big factor for me with long JRPGs, measured against the other two it gives the 3DS version more chances to be played vs. getting stuck in my backlog. Besides, I finally decided that I don't need a PS4 and I'm unsure about the current Switch as a portable, so there is also that.

Pinkie_pie said:
i have a feeling the 3ds version wont get a western release but they will port the 3ds version to the switch and it might come to the west. nintendo fans dont care much about graphics so porting the 3ds version to switch makes more sense.

See, that's the same sterling logic Capcom used with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Monster Hunter XX on Switch.  Just because Switch owners don't expect Horizon graphics out of their Switch doesn't mean they don't expect graphics from this decade.  And it also doesn't mean they won't get upset about lazy efforts and asinine choices.

The Switch version will most likely not be the 3DS version. Reason being is that it relies on dual screens, one for scouting the locations in 2D, and one for scouting the monsters in 3D. The only way this works on the Switch is if they do a split screen or have a 2D/3D toggle, both of which are bad design and therefore unlikely. I think they're intelligent enough to realize this.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.