By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Super Mario Odyssey - E3 2017 Demo Tech Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8HTLRh6U5w

Docked:

Desert Stage: 720p and 60 fps 100% locked without a single dip 

New Donk City: 720p/60fps with a few drops to 57fps.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Was obvious from the footage. Wonder if it'll get a resolution bump like ARMS and Splatwoon, and if it'll go up to 900p or 1080p if it does.

On the other hand, I'm impressed at how well the citizens blended in at half the FPS and even 2D in the distance. Maybe I'm just really blind but I never noticed that during the Treehouse gameplay.

Hopefully it gets pushed to 1080p by launch day. I'm not as confident about it happening as i was with Splatoon 2 (which had no good reason at all to run at the same performance profile as the original), but it should at least be doable.

Not really surprised that it's at 720p. As long as they make it a solid 60fps, I will be happy in handheld mode.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well they seemed really impressed. Wondering if it will get a resolution bump like arms and splat2. Either way it loos pretty dope

Around the Network

I'll take 720p with 60fps over stuttering 4K 30 fps any day. Can't wait for this game!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

And Crash runs at what? Not even 4K, not even 60 fps? 1440p and 30 fps.

Captain_Yuri said:
Not really surprised that it's at 720p. As long as they make it a solid 60fps, I will be happy in handheld mode.

its 720p when docked.

In handheld mode it will probably be like 540p.

Lock that framerate down! Worry about resolution later.

this is the kind of game that I would rather have 30fps and 1080p

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.