Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Do you like extreme metal?

Yes 42 62.69%
 
No 17 25.37%
 
See Results 8 11.94%
 
Total:67
VGPolyglot said:
Farsala said:

Their lyrics are garbage, and as I said their mainstream songs (singles) are pretty bad imo. Just make sure to check out the heavier stuff.

I was actually listening to Mudvayne yesterday, saw Saw II and this was in the credits:

Sorry I forgot to specify Hellyeah :P. I think Mudvaynes lyrics are superior for most songs.



Around the Network

Great idea for a thread! I knew there were more of us than just Abbath and Polyglot. Just a few bullet points to clear some thoughts from my head:

- Agent Orange SLAYS! Great pick. Highly recommend M-16 from Sodom's discography - solid thrash from the 21st century

- @AngryLittleAlchemist: Funny story; I've seen you on sputnik from reading Alice in Chains review threads lol (as a lurker) so can we both agree that Dirt is top 5 all time?

- As a metalhead I'm all over the map. If I had to pick top 5 bands I'd choose Neurosis, Opeth, Converge, Alice in Chains and Death. Only 2 "metal" bands out of that bunch lol. I'm open to almost everything, and listen to bands that match my activity. Dismember/Pig Destroyer for working out, Opeth for the autumn, Paradise Lost/Alice in Chains for driving etc

I'd like to recommend some under the radar modern bands for those with similar tastes:

Do you like Opeth? Be'lakor are a great Australian band with a similar flavor.

Do you like Gorguts/Immolation? Ulcerate (from New Zealand) are almost like a child of the two bands.

 

What would Fear Factory sound like with a few more Duracell batteries? Artificial Brain

*edit* actually they just sing gurgle about robots that's the only similarity

A fan of technical thrash like Coroner? Vektor are your choice:

 

I'll pick through the thread and see if there are any other recs I can make



#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Great idea for a thread! I knew there were more of us than just Abbath and Polyglot. Just a few bullet points to clear some thoughts from my head:

- Agent Orange SLAYS! Great pick. Highly recommend M-16 from Sodom's discography - solid thrash from the 21st century

- @AngryLittleAlchemist: Funny story; I've seen you on sputnik from reading Alice in Chains review threads lol (as a lurker) so can we both agree that Dirt is top 5 all time?

- As a metalhead I'm all over the map. If I had to pick top 5 bands I'd choose Neurosis, Opeth, Converge, Alice in Chains and Death. Only 2 "metal" bands out of that bunch lol. I'm open to almost everything, and listen to bands that match my activity. Dismember/Pig Destroyer for working out, Opeth for the autumn, Paradise Lost/Alice in Chains for driving etc

I'd like to recommend some under the radar modern bands for those with similar tastes:

Do you like Opeth? Be'lakor are a great Australian band with a similar flavor.

 

Do you like Gorguts/Immolation? Ulcerate (from New Zealand) are almost like a child of the two bands.

 

 

What would Fear Factory sound like with a few more Duracell batteries? Artificial Brain

*edit* actually they just sing gurgle about robots that's the only similarity

 

A fan of technical thrash like Coroner? Vektor are your choice:

 

 

I'll pick through the thread and see if there are any other recs I can make

Nice to have you back, now update that fitness thread. JK no pressure. Might go post in it again soon though. But yeah always nice to find more people interested in metal :).



VGPolyglot said:
Farsala said:

Their lyrics are garbage, and as I said their mainstream songs (singles) are pretty bad imo. Just make sure to check out the heavier stuff.

I was actually listening to Mudvayne yesterday, saw Saw II and this was in the credits:

 

I only put my hands in the fire for Mudvayne's LD:50, the album after that one I also love but was a change in a bad direction which took the band to a plain musical direction.

There are some good lyrics in the first album which seems to be an ode to insanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqil9WVQCvU

ReimTime said:

Great idea for a thread! I knew there were more of us than just Abbath and Polyglot. Just a few bullet points to clear some thoughts from my head:

- Agent Orange SLAYS! Great pick. Highly recommend M-16 from Sodom's discography - solid thrash from the 21st century

- @AngryLittleAlchemist: Funny story; I've seen you on sputnik from reading Alice in Chains review threads lol (as a lurker) so can we both agree that Dirt is top 5 all time?

- As a metalhead I'm all over the map. If I had to pick top 5 bands I'd choose Neurosis, Opeth, Converge, Alice in Chains and Death. Only 2 "metal" bands out of that bunch lol. I'm open to almost everything, and listen to bands that match my activity. Dismember/Pig Destroyer for working out, Opeth for the autumn, Paradise Lost/Alice in Chains for driving etc

I'd like to recommend some under the radar modern bands for those with similar tastes:

Do you like Opeth? Be'lakor are a great Australian band with a similar flavor.

 

Hi ReimTime. Metal threads get opened and we pop our ugly heads, don't we. :P

That Vektor band I can't recommend enough either. Tight band.

I remember you like Opeth Reim, so I recommend you this band with an Opeth ex-drummer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CvvggCPrI

It's nice to have bands that sound like Opeth now that Opeth themselves are dedicated to making Circus Music. :P



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

What a day!! My 2 old heavy metal buddies, Abbath and Reim, returning within a day of each other!! Hopefully you 2 both stick around!



Around the Network
Farsala said:

Nice to have you back, now update that fitness thread. JK no pressure. Might go post in it again soon though. But yeah always nice to find more people interested in metal :).

Oh boy my poor little thread is probably a graveyard right now lol yeah I'll definitely make a post there

AbbathTheGrim said:

Hi ReimTime. Metal threads get opened and we pop our ugly heads, don't we. :P

That Vektor band I can't recommend enough either. Tight band.

I remember you like Opeth Reim, so I recommend you this band with an Opeth ex-drummer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CvvggCPrI

It's nice to have bands that sound like Opeth now that Opeth themselves are dedicated to making Circus Music. :P

Yeah a little bird told me that Nickelback was dominating the VGC music threads and I just couldn't sit around and let that happen >:(

Too bad Vektor is no more RIP

Can never get enough Opeth recs! Actually that's a lie; if you recommend modern Opeth to me I will buy a VGC gold membership just to block you



#1 Amb-ass-ador

VGPolyglot said:
What a day!! My 2 old heavy metal buddies, Abbath and Reim, returning within a day of each other!! Hopefully you 2 both stick around!

It's like The Avengers assemble, and in the same manner on day I'll be gone and you won't see me like in 4 years or so. :P

ReimTime said:
                                            

Yeah a little bird told me that Nickelback was dominating the VGC music threads and I just couldn't sit around and let that happen >:(

Too bad Vektor is no more RIP

Can never get enough Opeth recs! Actually that's a lie; if you recommend modern Opeth to me I will buy a VGC gold membership just to block you

You can actually block people with Gold? I didn't know that,

What is modern Opeth for you? Latest album or even before that?



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
VGPolyglot said:
What a day!! My 2 old heavy metal buddies, Abbath and Reim, returning within a day of each other!! Hopefully you 2 both stick around!

It's like The Avengers assemble, and in the same manner on day I'll be gone and you won't see me like in 4 years or so. :P

D: You're saying that you'll make another long hiatus? I guess I need to keep this thread alive to occupy you! And yeah, with Supporter status here you can ignore users.



Good metal song



VGPolyglot said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

It's like The Avengers assemble, and in the same manner on day I'll be gone and you won't see me like in 4 years or so. :P

D: You're saying that you'll make another long hiatus? I guess I need to keep this thread alive to occupy you! And yeah, with Supporter status here you can ignore users.

I should have known that a gaming site like videogames would have the cool features hidden behind a paywall.

Nah, I wouldn't block anyone, I'd feel I can't handle the truth, reality or can't handle someone which would make me realize I am weak or something or whatever.

Yeah, I'll come by here because I listen to Metal and new bands almost everyday, Metal is my passion. As long as I have the free time I'll stop by, but upcoming hiatus are always at the next corner with me. ^^'



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1