By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom explains why Monster Hunter World isnt called Monster Hunter 5

Tagged games:

Wyrdness said:
Xxain said:

Huh?

FF13 was released in 2010. In 2013 SE announced that it sold 6.6 million copies. FF15 was released last year and SE recently announced a shipped figure of 6 mill. FF155 will very quickly overtake 13 it hasn't already. 

Hang on when did the previous hundred or so titles release?

SE were talking about streamlining their production pipeline.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Xxain said:

Huh?

FF13 was released in 2010. In 2013 SE announced that it sold 6.6 million copies. FF15 was released last year and SE recently announced a shipped figure of 6 mill. FF155 will very quickly overtake 13 it hasn't already. 

So you're saying VGC is wrong with their 7.5m? Because if that number is true, then I doubt FFXV will ever overtake it.

Let's say it is.

It took FF13 almost 3 years to reach 6.6 million copies. We have shipped number of 6 million only 6 months after FF15 release. You dont think FF15 will reach 13 numbers? FF13 was the most mixed Final Fantasy since 8 and it still managed close to 8 million. It will get there especially since SE keeps updating and PC release coming.

Xxain said:
vivster said:

So you're saying VGC is wrong with their 7.5m? Because if that number is true, then I doubt FFXV will ever overtake it.

Let's say it is.

It took FF13 almost 3 years to reach 6.6 million copies. We have shipped number of 6 million only 6 months after FF15 release. You dont think FF15 will reach 13 numbers? FF13 was the most mixed Final Fantasy since 8 and it still managed close to 8 million. It will get there especially since SE keeps updating and PC release coming.

We'll see. FFXIII made an additional 600k on PC btw. Not sure if FFXV can reach that.

In the end all we can do is hope that it won't reach that number.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Xxain said:

Let's say it is.

We'll see. FFXIII made an additional 600k on PC btw. Not sure if FFXV can reach that.

Was your first Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 15?

Xxain said:
vivster said:

Depending what direction FFXVI is going it might've been my last. I'm still kinda hopeful on the basis that it can hardly get worse.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Lol why? It will eventually reach that number, I'm sure of it. Unlike FF13, they're actually still supporting the game and also, unlike 13, it is a much more accepted entry to the series.

Anyway back to the topic:

Did they say anything about crossplay? It would be fitting if they give everyone who has the game to play with anyone regardless of platform.

When MH 3 came over to Nintendo systems they called it Tri (which means 3) I call bull on their statement. If the games sells terrible they'll prob wind up bringing MH5 to the Switch and call it MH5. With them calling it World, they can always backtrack and say it wasn't the "true 5".

Kowan said:
vivster said:

Lol why? It will eventually reach that number, I'm sure of it. Unlike FF13, they're actually still supporting the game and also, unlike 13, it is a much more accepted entry to the series.

Lol, support. FFXIII got 2 fully fledged sequels, FFXV gets a bit of DLC and micro transactions.

vivster said:
Xxain said:

Depending what direction FFXVI is going it might've been my last. I'm still kinda hopeful on the basis that it can hardly get worse.

Great News - Hiroyuki Ito will mostly likely be directing the nex Final Fantasy. Anything he does is gold.

The success of Final Fantasy does not dictate the direction of the next. Whatever you did not like about 15 is confined to 15. The failure of 15 would have much much much more consequences than the success of it.

This makes sense yet MH4U didnt use this logic. Actually in the west its the best selling MH.

I think this whole thing is a mess. If a switch game does come and they name it MH5 then what?