By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Much Would You Pay For a Netflix-Style Gaming Service?

How Much Would You Pay For Unlimited Game Streaming?

See Results 6 5.66%

$20/month 15 14.15%

$15/month 12 11.32%

$10/month 30 28.30%

$5/month 10 9.43%

More than $20/month 5 4.72%

I wouldn't pay for this 28 26.42%

Total:106

If the Switch gets a service with Wii U and or Wii, and or DS, and or 3DS Games. I will happily pay max $70 - 80 AUD per year.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I'm not interested in these types of services because

1) I'm the slowest gamer on the planet, and what would normally take some people a month or two takes me like seven or eight, and that's me only playing no more than two games at a time. Sega Channel was awesome for me because most RPG games were a lot shorter and simpler back in those days, but games are way too long and involving now.

2) Because of that, I'd rather just own the games. I'd probably be losing money longterm on such a proposition. If it takes me more than half a year to beat a game, then at $9.99 per month it's cheaper for me to just buy the game than play it over time on a digital service.

3) For the games I don't want to keep, I like to give them away to others. Not only because it's the nice thing to do, but because it's fun to talk about their experiences with it afterward.

I wouldn't. Could you imagine the flood DDOS attacks if games weren't completely reliant on streaming services?

9.99 a month... oh wait

$0 My internet can barely keep up with Netflix, still see it step down to 360p way too often. With perfect internet, still $0. I don't even have enough time to play the games I buy. I don't need another menu to browse for hours instead of playing a game I already have. I'm glad when the ps+ games of the month suck and I can ignore them, although I ignore them anyway :/ Luckily my kids make use of the games while I enjoy the discounts.