By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Orange Box comming to the Wii?

Chrizum said:
@ ssj12:

I agree, I already said I have my doubts about the Episodes. Portal is even less demanding than Half-Life 2 though, and it's perfectly suited for Wii IMO.

actually surprisingly the game still has the same spec requirements as EP2 so I doubt it could translate.  Control wise it might work... actaully.. no it wont, you need to be way to accurate and quick in the later puzzles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Let me ask this, is the GC more powerful than the XBOX?

mM

LOL, i know this is off topic but onimusha, what is ur sig? i punch my monitor every time i see it.

and leo-j is right 

leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
Wow leo-j. XBOX=WII? Seriously since when have you known about computers, and graphics productions. The wii is at least 1.5 times more powerful than the xbox, and imo it is 3 times more powerful. I could back this up , but you wouldn't be able to understand.

Go ahead back up your claim, I know enough.

Also the wii=Xbox is coming from a developer, not from me.

Alright, the wii's processor is a powerpc compared to a celeron  processor the xbox has. This means it is more efficient, and allows alot more of the processor to be used, rather than a less efficient processor like the xbox has. The wii has 8 times more cache, and more ram, at a faster bandwidth. Then we have the gpu which is also more efficient. So please stop. 

leo-j said:

You're going to try and say that since the Gamecube was not as powerful as the xbox, the Wii must equal the xbox because it is more powerful than the gamecube...

I don't know where you get your info from, but even though the xbox can do a few things that the Wii doesn't (shaders), the Wii is a more powerful system.

However, that doesn't change the fact that PC minimum requirements != required minimum specs to run on a console.  If you owned a Wii or played the orange box on the PC you would have a different tune. 

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
Wow leo-j. XBOX=WII? Seriously since when have you known about computers, and graphics productions. The wii is at least 1.5 times more powerful than the xbox, and imo it is 3 times more powerful. I could back this up , but you wouldn't be able to understand.

Go ahead back up your claim, I know enough.

Also the wii=Xbox is coming from a developer, not from me.

what developer? I've heard alot of developers say things about the Wii that have been proven wrong.

the Wii is actualy stronger then the original Xbox, its just that Microsoft tried to shot down rumors by saying the tested it. Basically their findings = BS in everyway.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

leo-j said:

The gamecube, and the xbox were basically on par. The xbox just had things the gamecube didn't such as a gpu that could produce some shaders the gamecube couldn't. Now if the gamecube, had these it would be equivalent to the xbox. You could even have some gamecube games that rival most of what the xbox has. So the gamecube was better at somethings while the xbox was better at others.

sc94597 said:
leo-j said:

The gamecube, and the xbox were basically on par. The xbox just had things the gamecube didn't such as a gpu that could produce some shaders the gamecube couldn't. Now if the gamecube, had these it would be equivalent to the xbox. You could even have some gamecube games that rival most of what the xbox has. So the gamecube was better at somethings while the xbox was better at others.

Game cube and XBox equal??? lol, thats a joke i hope.

I would gladly pay 50 clams for an orange box on Wii (4 player same console multiplayer please!), as I was disgusted with the PC version of Half-Life 2, which is a great game, but because of Steam (I absolutely hate it, caused me nothing but problems and annoyances).

And I'll never buy it on PS360 because I don't waste my time using gamepads with FPS games, it's nothing more than an exercise in frustration to me.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I don't see why anyone who owned a Wii would want to play Orange Box on it. I understand that it is the console of choice for many people on this forum, but it is simply not the console of choice for PC based games.

Even if the technical capabilities weren't an issue, convincing developers to divert resources to another scaled back port is a huge stopping point.

Ask yourself how large of a market there is within the Wii user base for a PC port released a year after it was re-released as a package for the PC, 360 and PS3.

And as with all things, consider the Wii user base, not as the typical gamer fan that frequents sites like VGC, but the typical user that bought a Wii because of all the buzz and have maybe bought a few games since then.

It becomes not an issue of the technical capabilities of the Wii, but strictly a commercial issue.

Now a version of Portal I could see playing on the Wii and even selling reasonably well, but that's about the best one should hope for realistically.