By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Were any third party games at E3 confirmed to be native 4K on XBOX?

BraLoD said:
bananaking21 said:
"true 4k"

"No compromises"

It's a monster.

I know a guy who deals with monsters........and gods

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
yvanjean said:
Every one here seem to forget that with Xbox one vs PS4 we kept having 900p vs 1080p, slower frame rate and performance on Xbox one. For the rest of this generation unless PS4 Pro get an updated rd party games will run best on Xbox one X.

Games developers want their games to look at their very best on each platform they run and will eventually optimize each game for their respective platform. Games can also receive future upgrade to make better use of the platform they run on.

No doubt about that, but people had trouble telling apart 900p vs 1080p, its going to be almost impossible to notice 1800p vs 1900p. Unles you thiking of capturing inmages and zooming, wich ovbiously all gamers do that in mid gameplay.

I plan on upgrading my current Xbox one to Xbox one X and pick up a PS4 slim in the future. Most of my 4k gaming will be on the Xbox one X. I''m only going to play PS4 slim for the exclusives. I've been playing all 3rd party game on Xbox so I'm glad that I will get Native 4K or close to going forward. 

"According to Xbox’s Mike Ybarra, the Xbox One X development tools are still incomplete. They’ll get better as they approach launch. The current builds of games may be indicative of overall visuals, but they aren’t indicative of the final resolution. While many of the games are already running at 4K, some titles like Anthem and Assassin’s Creed Origins may currently be using other techniques such as checkerboarding or simple upscaling. That’s expected to change as we approach November 7."

Here’s a list of all games that we know are going to be 4K.

Anthem
Ashen
The Artful Escape
Assassin’s Creed Origins
Astroneer
Battlefield 1
Battlerite
Black Desert
Brawlout
Chess Ultra
Conan Exiles
Crackdown 3
Dark and Light
The Darwin Project
Dead Rising 4
Deep Rock Galactic
Dishonored 2
Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
Doom
Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Dunk Lords
The Elder Scrolls Online
Elite: Dangerous
Everspace
F1 2017
Fable Fortune
Fallout 4
Farming Simulator 17
Final Fantasy XV
For Honor
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War 4
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Halo Wars 2
Hello Neighbor
Hitman
Homefront: The Revolution
Injustice 2
Killer Instinct
Killing Floor 2
The Last Night
Madden NFL 18
Mantis Burn Racing
Metro Exodus
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Minecraft
Minion Masters: Forced to Duel
Need for Speed Payback
Observer
Ooblets
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Osiris: New Dawn
Outlast 2
Paladins
Path of Exile
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Portal Knights
Raiders of the Broken Planet
ReCore
Resident Evil 7
Rime
Riverbond
Robocraft Infinity
Rocket League
Sea of Thieves
Shift
Skyrim: Special Edition
Slime Rancher
Smite
State of Decay 2
Strange Brigade
Super Lucky’s Tale
Superhot
Surviving Mars
The Surge
Titanfall 2
Unruly Heroes
Warhammer: Vermintide
We Happy Few
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
World of Tanks

I'm hyped!

Hiku said:
yvanjean said:
Every one here seem to forget that with Xbox one vs PS4 we kept having 900p vs 1080p, slower frame rate and performance on Xbox one. For the rest of this generation unless PS4 Pro get an updated rd party games will run best on Xbox one X.

Games developers want their games to look at their very best on each platform they run and will eventually optimize each game for their respective platform. Games can also receive future upgrade to make better use of the platform they run on.

And if Sony's slogan for their system had been that games run better, it would generally have been true. That's not the slogan of XBOX though. It wasn't "Our games will run a bit better than PS4 Pro." It's "True 4K".

They even specifically said this: "We could have come out with something last year similar to what a PlayStation 4 Pro is today, but that value proposition to us wasn’t clear at all. It isn’t true 4K"

And for $500 you get to play how many True 4K games per year? 4?

True 4K is a marketing term that means nothing.... Xbox one X extra power can be use for so much more then simply achieving true 4K. 

I probably can't tell the difference between PS4 Pro upscale 4k and similar game running in 4k on Xbox one X. But, better framerate, faster loadtime, more environmental details make a huge difference. 

Diferrence in power could mean that games on Xbox one X will run with locked 60 FPS.

SuperBott said:
"According to Xbox’s Mike Ybarra, the Xbox One X development tools are still incomplete. They’ll get better as they approach launch. The current builds of games may be indicative of overall visuals, but they aren’t indicative of the final resolution. While many of the games are already running at 4K, some titles like Anthem and Assassin’s Creed Origins may currently be using other techniques such as checkerboarding or simple upscaling. That’s expected to change as we approach November 7."

Here’s a list of all games that we know are going to be 4K.

I'm hyped!

4K or 4K with checkerboarding..... thats the key

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

can you read LOL?
"While many of the games are already running at 4K, some titles like Anthem and Assassin’s Creed Origins may currently be using other techniques such as checkerboarding or simple upscaling. That’s expected to change as we approach November 7."

Hiku said:
SuperBott said:
can you read LOL?
"While many of the games are already running at 4K, some titles like Anthem and Assassin’s Creed Origins may currently be using other techniques such as checkerboarding or simple upscaling. That’s expected to change as we approach November 7."

Yes I can read. Can you?
Do you know the difference between the words "confirmed" and "expected to"?

your jealous :P

S.T.A.G.E. said:
bananaking21 said:
"true 4k"

"No compromises"

Lol

(this took me far too long to do... I'm ashamed)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

shikamaru317 said:
Anthem used checkerboard as well. Not sure about Metro Exodus.

That was run on a PC, the devs admitted.

Hiku said:
SuperBott said:

your jealous :P

It's "you're" jealous.
Now you've confirmed that you can't read. That is not expected to change any time soon. :p

so what about this?

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-x-already-showing-power-advantage-playstation-4-pro-ark-survival-evolved/