By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why not a new C&C!?

The last ones weren't any good because EA bought them and made them. It used to be about base and army building, now its all about offense/defense/support just like freaking every other esport. C&C should NOT be an esport! In general I miss the good old rts genre.

I really wish they would make a Battle for Middle Earth 3 cause those games were great. The last true RT I enjoyed (dawn of war died at dawn of war 2).

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Cause EA hates us

Hate is big word. It just really dislikes that your money is not in EA's pocket .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

axumblade said:
They announced a Command and Conquer a few years back that was immediately cancelled iirc.

Yeah it was from Victory game studios, a new studio they had back then and had merged with annother version of Bioware, together they formed "Bioware Victory". They were supposed to be making C&C generals 2, then they tried C&C and two years after starting the project they ended up closing it all down, studios and all. Their reason was this:

Generals,

Thank you for your participation over the last few months in the Command & Conquer closed alpha test. It's been much appreciated, and you've been instrumental in helping define what a new Command & Conquer experience should and shouldn't be.

Part of being in a creative team is the understanding that not all of your choices are going to work out. In this case, we shifted the game away from campaign mode and built an economy-based, multiplayer experience. Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game. Although we deeply respect the great work done by our talented team, ultimately it's about getting you the game you expect and deserve.

Over the next 10 days we will be refunding any and all money spent in the alpha. If you have a question about your refund, please contact help.ea.com.

We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support.

- Victory Studios

Since then EA hasn't shown any sort of interest in the franchise and hasn't said anything since 2013. We're now nearing the halfway point of 2017 and still nothing. I think they just gave up on the IP altogether, seeing as they have no studio working on it. They also disposed of Maxis, so they likely have no one working on a new Sim City/Sims either.

From the looks of it EA has nothing left to develop specifically for PC anymore. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

here is some Gameplay from C&C Generals 2, the game EA canned.

It was using the Frostbite engine back then, which actually made it look pretty good RTS for a 2013 game at the time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ka-pi96 said:
Do you really want a new EA made C&C though?

Obviously not, the last good C&C was Yuri's Revenge. Generals was solid, but I didn't like the move from 2D into 3D territory. RA2 and especially Tiberian Sun were grittier, had more atmosphere and definitely more character.

Around the Network

Oh boy. A true sequel to Generals would be awsome.

Ka-pi96 said:
Do you really want a new EA made C&C though?

Most likely no, because EA has shown that over the past 10 years that they cannot manage their PC game side well at all. They killed off the half of Westwood that thought bought and repurposed them into working on something non C&C, then they killed Maxis and made the worst Sim City, all while killing and closing the original C&C game and storyline in the worst way.

As good as that C&C Generals 2 Alpha looked with Frostbite, i'd rather someone not run by EA working on a new C&C. In fact I think EA should sell off the IP for cheap since they haven't done anything with it for nearly a decade. It's hard to imagine that it's been enarly 10 years since a new C&C. During the early and mid 200's we got plenty of C&C games, but this decade we've had nothing.

EA should also sell off their Sims side as well as all they care about now is mobile sims and oevrcharging SIms 4 players with their lacklustre content packs. 

Now that we have a stracraft remaster, and age of empires remasters incoming, a new AoE4, there is plenty of business interest and belief from game publishers and developers, for PC RTS games. Not least from us gamers. I really hope EA is listening.
Would love a C&C remaster or new C&C

vivster said:
Because you touch yourself at night.

I 2nd this.

All seriousness, the 1st CnC needs a remaster or even better, a remake. Loved that game.

It's EA policy to absorb and then kill all popular franchises. Don't be angry with them, they're doing a great job!