By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hironobu Sakaguchi/Mistwalker will announce new game June 22

Damn if he announces Lost Odyssey 2 I will have to buy an Xbox One, and I don't want an Xbox One. I only want to own a PS4/Switch/PC. Then again, it probably will be PC/Xbox One multi-plat, so I might luck out. So please announce Lost Odyssey 2 Sakaguchi! I am ready. 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Non XBOX owners should be cautious. Sakaguchi has been retweeting lots MS/XBOX related stuff...

Lost odyssey 2... Please! Pretty please?!?

zero129 said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

....hasn't he learned by now?

Didnt LO go on to sell like a million copies on 360??. Since a lot of JRPG's doesnt even come close to that id call it a success for a new IP.

I think that was when a lot of PS2 owners (whom were exposed to JRPGs in the 6th gen and 5th gen too perhaps) migrated to the 360 because of the explosion of games it got when the 360 first started.  That was also back when Sony put itself in a fiasco with the PS3's $599 price point.  The 360 had all of the momentum going in 2006 and 2007.  JRPGs were still relatively hot then and anticipated and pushed by first party developers into the front.  Not to say they aren't still hot in a way, but the 7th gen did a number on their reputation...and how people feel about FFXIII may be to blame for that as we can see the drop in ratio of 360 owners that purchased FFXIII-2 vs PS3 owners purchasing FFXIII-2 from the sales of FFXIII on both systems.

Lube Me Up

shikamaru317 said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-creator-hironobu-sakaguchi-teases-new-game-revealing-first-characters-kaiju/

Well, there goes my LO2 dreams.

shikamaru317 said:
ironmanDX said:

Well, there goes my LO2 dreams.

I mean it still could be Lost Odyssey 2. It's entirely possible that Lost Odyssey could be like Final Fantasy, new characters and a new setting for each new game in the series. I haven't actually played LO yet, but I've been told that it's ending didn't really facilitate a direct sequel. 

By who? They could easily make a sequel out of that ending.

I'd prefer it if they didn't though. Final Fantasy style would be pretty cool.

Around the Network

Ha! another announcement of an announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdqzFt5rSg

Press Release:

Mistwalker's "Terra" Universe Expands - Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU - June 21, 2017 - PRLog -- MISTWALKER'S "TERRA" UNIVERSE EXPANDS

Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU, HAWAII, June 21st - Mistwalker, a premiere game studio founded by Hironobu Sakaguchi, is thrilled to announce two new games to the "Terra" universe, Terra Battle 2 (iOS, Android, and PC) and Terra Wars (iOS, Android, and PC) to be released later this year.

▼ About TERRA BATTLE 2

Terra Battle 2 brings a completely different game-play experience, while preserving the highly-praised core battle mechanics in a fantastic epic RPG.

The new world map lets players travel alongside their companions and allows for more strategic gameplay as you set up your formation before entering a battle. The countless encounters and farewells throughout the course of your heroes' journey promise to be even more emotional and intense than ever before.

How will the people who live on "Terra" unravel the truths and mysteries of their planet? An epic fantasy RPG awaits you.

● Title: Terra Battle 2
● Platforms: Mobile (iOS, Android) / PC (Windows)
● Price: Free-to-Play (with In-App Purchases)
● Release Date: Summer 2017
● Regions: Japan, North America
● Copyright: ©MISTWALKER/Silicon Studio Corp.
● Developers
・ Producer: Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mistwalker)
・ Music: Nobuo Uematsu (Dog Ear Records)
・ Lead Character Desinger: Kimihiko Fujisaka (Mistwalker)
・ Developer: Silicon Studio

To accompany the announcement, Mistwalker also today released an official trailer for the game. https://youtu.be/6mdqzFt5rSg

Websites:

Terra Battle 2: http://www.terrabattle2.com/en/

"Terra World"

This is the inception of a brand new franchise -- Terra World.

Following the success of "Terra Battle" (Terra Battle 1), I have created "Terra Battle 2" and "Terra Wars." While both share the same fundamentals as Terra Battle, they offer re-designed gameplay, and a completely new world and story.

I intend to use a similar numbering structure as my past work: the FINAL FANTASY series. Each installment of the "Terra" franchise will have its disctinct feel, unique from any other.

Yes, I have become old enough that some call me a "legend," of the industry, but I wish to try and remain an active creator. Until the day I retire, I (secretly) wish to expand the "Terra World" and create 9 experiences. (As I have created 9 installments for the Final Fantasy series.)

I will continue work on the original "Terra Battle," with updates that add story and game-play to the world. I thank you for your continued support for "Terra Battle," "Terra Battle 2" and "Terra Wars."

Producer Hironobu Sakaguchi
June 21, 2017

Terra Wars: http://www.terra-wars.com/en/