By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hironobu Sakaguchi/Mistwalker will announce new game June 22

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I think he means exclusive in Japan so that it's the only version that releases here. But it releases on other platforms (including Switch) outside of Japan.

Correct. Just for switch on JP, but Xbox/PC World wide.

Why not Switch worldwide?I mean, you already went through the work of making your game on Switch, why not localize on it?Plus Japanese games are far more popular on Nintendo then XBox.Makes no sense

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

Correct. Just for switch on JP, but Xbox/PC World wide.

Why not Switch worldwide?I mean, you already went through the work of making your game on Switch, why not localize on it?Plus Japanese games are far more popular on Nintendo then XBox.Makes no sense

Oh my god....

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Nautilus said:

Oh my god....

Then elaborate better.The way you were wording, is that the game would be exclusive to Japan for the Switch version.That was what was confusing me

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Its for mobile people, why not annoucing at E3 if this was a big game lol

Do you think they will pass one oportunity to show this game if it was exclusive for nintendo or microsoft ? :D

The same reason why companies announce stuff before E3.There are games announced 1 month after E3 too.

Plus it could be a multiplat.Some developers like to announce on their own terms.And who knows, he thinks thre <nico Nico stream might give him more exposure.

Two mobile games. He ain't got no budget to fund a console/PC game, and Nintendo doesn't want to fund The Last Last Story.

Around the Network

Probably a Japan-focused mobile game, or something for Switch, based on the announcement time and location.

So this guy hates Sony? Does it have something to do with Sony and square enix relationship? Switch and xbox can have his game and ps4 can have exclusive square enix games. I think it's fair.

Pinkie_pie said:
So this guy hates Sony? Does it have something to do with Sony and square enix relationship? Switch and xbox can have his game and ps4 can have exclusive square enix games. I think it's fair.

It was more Ken Kutaragi than Sony as a whole; Link. Ken's gone, but actions speak louder than words, and if he were partnering with Sony, we would know by now. 

I just hope it is not a mobile game or a gacha game or a Xbox exclusive

A bit of missinformation here - Sakaguchi has no problem with SONY; He just REALLY hated the PS3 ... and Kutaragi for his arrogance during PS3 age.