By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we see MS buying Nintendo in the Future?

With the latest News about MS and Nintendo Cross Plattform Games, do you guys see a takeover or a partnership between those 2 Companies? And if so how would you feel about it? I for myself think that would be great if Nintendos developers would still have enough freedom for their Artistic way of game creation.

Sorry for my Bad english. 

MS has enough Shooters and the best Console out their but not enough RPG, Plattformer and colourfull games. Let Cuphead byside. 

Nintendo has the best 1st Party line up but not enough Horsepower to let the devolopers enough space for their creativity.

What do you think? Will and should they? I am mostly curious what Xbox players will say. Nintenda fans will be against it.

Around the Network

Never happening, for a myriad of reasons, but to just give you one, Nintendo is too big to be bought, or rather has too many valuables IPs to be bought.And Nintendo would never aceppt such scenario.

I can see Nintendo buying MS XBox division in general(or just buying its IPs), more due to the fact that MS seems to be going away from tradicional gaming business and being more of a service.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pagan said:

With the latest News about MS and Nintendo Cross Plattform Games, do you guys see a takeover or a partnership between those 2 Companies? And if so how would you feel about it? I for myself think that would be great if Nintendos developers would still have enough freedom for their Artistic way of game creation.

Sorry for my Bad english. 

MS has enough Shooters and the best Console out their but not enough RPG, Plattformer and colourfull games. Let Cuphead byside. 

Nintendo has the best 1st Party line up but not enough Horsepower to let the devolopers enough space for their creativity.

What do you think? Will and should they? I am mostly curious what Xbox players will say. Nintenda fans will be against it.

What happened to Rare under Microsoft's watch should make you wish this never takes place even in a bizarre alternate reality.

I'm more of a PlayStation guy, but I'd prefer Nintendo to go 3rd party if they do anything. I remember how Rare turned out after their acquisition by MS, and I'd hate to see that happen to Nintendo. I do think it would do Nintendo some good to build a partnership with a company that does have a darker side to their games, as most of what I see from them over the last several years is too lighthearted for my tastes. I also think, as you say, MS could use some lightening up in their own. I just don't think MS has a good enough track record to trust them to take the helm of the Nintendo empire.

I dont think MS would manage the nintendo studios better than Nintendo currently does.

MS would kill all creative freedom these nintendo studios have.

So I hope that doesnt happend.

Around the Network

Microsoft ruined Rare. So that should be a glimpse of what could happen to Nintendo.

Pagan said:

the best Console out 

it is not the best, it is the most powerful, and these 2 are not quite the same

http://twitter.com/skyer7

3ds: 4270-1889-2005

No, Nintendo is doing great, they don't need to be bought to stay afloat right now.

I don't think their investors would see a need to do so, nor do I think they would want that to happen.

Nautilus said:
Never happening, for a myriad of reasons, but to just give you one, Nintendo is too big to be bought, or rather has too many valuables IPs to be bought.And Nintendo would never aceppt such scenario.

I can see Nintendo buying MS XBox division in general(or just buying its IPs), more due to the fact that MS seems to be going away from tradicional gaming business and being more of a service.

Exactly!!

I could see Nintendo absorbing the Xbox division of Microsoft before I see Microsoft somehow buying out Nintendo.