By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much will Monster Hunter World sell?

How much will Monster Hunter World sell?

<2M 70 23.49%

2M-3M 78 26.17%

3M-4M 38 12.75%

4M-5M 14 4.70%

5M-6M 14 4.70%

6M-8M 11 3.69%

8M-10M 4 1.34%

>10M 16 5.37%

Crapcom sucks 24 8.05%

see results 29 9.73%

Total:298

1.5m-2m worldwide. PC version is kind of a wildcard, could bomb, could be the best selling version.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

2M - 3M

Pocky Lover Boy! 

There's honestly no way to accurately predict right now.

EDIT: The best selling MH on 3DS sold approx 4m. Selling only 1m less than that across all platforms I think would be seen as pretty good.

Selling even less, though. I don't know.

My guess is that this will obviously be the best selling western Monster Hunter but the worst selling japan monster hunter. So my hack-kneed preditction is 2.5m physical units, just above the Wii version.

Mnementh said:
Wow, you all really lowballing the expectations. 2.5M-3M are expected for a home console release. The Wii-game made more than 2M and this game is on multiple platforms. Multipat doesn't add much, but it adds something.

Expecting the game to transfer the japanese base would lead to the expectation of >4M. If we also assume it grows in the west and/or finds new gamers because of updated graphics this would lead to expectations of at least 5M. You all stayed way below that mark. Wanna explain?

I dont feel like a lot of people will get interested on the game, especially with not a handheld version. 3DS alone can do the same numbers combining from those 3 system. And I do think it has more competitors of games from the 3 systems. 

But I will be happy to be proven wrong. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Significantly worse. I'm thinking less than 2 million and that it doesn't catch on in the west at all.

Not that it'll be a bad game - but that it's competing against other AAA games. It's no longer the big fish in the small pond of portable games.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Guys, stop bringing up the Switch in this discussion.

My prediction is around 1.5 million.

Probably 2-3 million. I hope Capcom is being compensated well by Sony.

Just for reference, Tri on Wii is the only home console version to sell over a million units.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

DroidKnight said:
I will go bold. 6.35 million global. Bump later to laugh me.

Or so you can brag later. High risk. High reward.

StuOhQ said:
Probably 2-3 million. I hope Capcom is being compensated well by Sony.

Just for reference, Tri on Wii is the only home console version to sell over a million units.

And it did so with far less competition in the genre on the console. MH on the wii stood out. On the other consoles, this will be less the case.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Across ps4/xb1/pc I guess 3.1m