By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Mario Kart Wii sell first week?

ok, i think my guess was to low, i think 500,000-800,000 WW

Around the Network

250k japan
350k europe
500k america

If were counting worldwide too

JP- 200k
NA- 600k
EU- 400k

Japan 375k-400k
America 725k-825k
Others 525k-625k

I predicted 385k first week in Japan, but that may be a bit on the high side now that I think about it.

Around the Network

WW i reckon first week sales in the range of 850k to 1 million. Japan I reckon will do betwen 260k-320k.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Well Japan is pretty simple at least on getting a good guestimate. It's Europe and America that are really hard as you really don't know if it'll have a good opening week or just at title that sales its opening week over a course of 2-3 weeks and has good legs.

So Japan will be about 400k first week with some good legs. My guess on Europe is normally titles like that sell better on its second week which is kinda weird. But I would say 300k in Europe first week. And considering just how America and Wii are big right now I'll say around 600k for America. So:

Japan: 400k
Europe: 300k
America: 600k
Total 1st Wk: 1.3 million

Second week sales shouldn't drop off too much as the title should have decent legs considering the GC and DS versions. So I'd say second week will probably have around 700k-800k worldwide as well seeing minimal dropoff in Europe and only halving in Japan and America.

My Europe numbers are higher then what most say because Mario Kart is the biggest release on the Wii so far here, no competition from SSBB in the living room.

Japan 450k
Europe 650k
NA 800k

500k japan
450k erurope
800k NA

I think most people are too high on this one.

Japan: 300k
Others: 300k
NA: 450k