By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who won?

Microsoft 244 8.59%

Nintendo 1,837 64.64%

Sony 761 26.78%

Total:2,842

Jesus, just watched the Nintendo E3, and it cemented my view of this E3 being incredibly sub-par. I don't see how the Pokemon announcement could even count for anything "Hey guys, would you believe it, Gamefreak are developing a Pokémon for Nintendo's latest portable! Shocking! We don't have a title or anything, but they are gonna make one" It's something that a PR rep could've said in a throwaway comment in an interview, it carries so little weight. And Nintendo's E3 direct was on the short side. Id suffered from this because there really wasn't much time for proper gameplay demos that we got in other conferences. Sony focused on showin gameplay of already announced games, and while a lot of the gameplay was fun, there were no major surprises (nothing I'd say qualifies as major anyway). Microsoft was similar to Sony in this regard.

Overall a dissapointing E3 overall from the big three. I guess I'll give the win to Ninty for namedropping Metroid though.

Around the Network

Pleasantly surprised to see Nintendo dominating, which is who I voted for. Just goes to show what a meh as fuck conference Sony had, I guess. That said, I haven't had a chance to watch the Nintendo one in its entirety, just various trailers for games they announced. So I will break down and score the other two. Although I missed the first game in Sonys conference, it was Uncharted, so I don't give a fuck anyway. This is the first time in a few years I've watched the Sony conference live.

Microsoft:
Xbone X. Looks gorgeous. The most powerful console ever. Enough said.
Forza 7. Will be my first Forza purchase this gen. Looked phenomenal.
Metro. I own the first two on Xbone, they're good games. I am interested in this. Looked great.
Ass Creed. Meh. Not a fan. Fuck off. ALTHOUGH, it did appear there was more of an RPG/loot element, which would be awesome. ALTHOUGH, it's from Ubisoft, so I can only assume said loot system will revolve around loot boxes and DLC horse shit.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Fuck, yes. I watch this game on Twitch all the time. I'd buy it on my gaming PC, but I hate mouse/kb for shooters, and would be rekt. So it's coming to Xbone this year as a timed exclusive. For me, personally, this alone was more impressive than anything Sony showed me.
Deep Rock Gimli: Some Minecraft looking game with dwarves. No thanks.
State of Decay 2: Oh yes. What an epic trailer. What I really loved is it showcased exactly what makes SoD unique versus so many other zombie games. Teamwork, sacrifice, risk, finality. You hear a male voice doing the backdrop, then someone gets in trouble, they decide to heal her, they get ambushed, one of the male characters gets ripped in half. Trailer ends with the female character who had previously been saved doing the talking. Which means the guy who got killed was the leader. And he's dead, he's not coming back. If you put tens of hours into him working on his stats and items then it's all for nothing because he's fucking dead. Awesome.
Darwin Project: Another game I am looking forward to. It's like Battleground's or The Culling but with loads of sci-fi elements added. Day one.
Minecraft shit: zzzzz
Black Desert MMO: zzzz
The Last Night: Looked awesome. Incredibly stylish.
Artful Escape: Also looked incredibly stylish, but didn't look like much fun to play.
CodeVein: meh
Sea of Thieves: Looks as good as ever. Seems like it will be a blast to play with friends.
Super Lucky's Tale: Looked like a solid platformer. Apparently the VR version is quite good.
Cuphead: Still looks incredible, and we finally get a firm release date!
Crackdown 3: I love Terry Crews. Some of this footage seemed underwhelming, but later footage on the floor looked amazing. Will wash the horrid taste of Crackdown 2 out of my mouth.
Ashen: Like Cuphead, has been around for awhile, looks great though. Another day one.
Mordor: I beat the first one and enjoyed it. This one seems to try to get bigger and deeper in pretty much every way possible. I don't know if it was just for the show, but the Orc that was brainwashed into joining the player had a good personality. I hope there is more personality variance in the Orcs. Getting this on the X.
Ori: No brainer day one. So many epic platformers coming to Xbox. It's insane.
OG Xbox BC: There are at least five titles I would rush out and buy right now to play again because they're either that damn good, or I never finished them. Crimson Skies, KOTOR 1 and 2, Rallisport Challenge, Links 2004.
FOUR HUNDRED NINETY NINE US: Pretty iffy on the price tag. I hope they showcase what more of the games will look like on X. I'm buying right away, anyway. But they could have blown the roof off the place at $399.

Overall: 8/10. I know a lot here were predictably very negative about the conference, but they showcased game after game after game and I am interested in a large chunk of them. They also revealed the most powerful console ever and are giving us backwards compatibility with the OG Xbox. I don't see how any Xbone player could come away unhappy.

Sony:
Uncharted DLC: No thanks. I was gifted an unopened copy of Uncharted 4 and I only opened it to exchange it for credit at a game shop. I don't care for Uncharted, the formula grew stale early into U3 for me.
Horizon DLC: Again, no thanks. I did buy ZD, and for the first bit of the game it was epic, but eventually you realize the combat is shallow and dull, the game world very static, the NPC characters lacking, the RPG elements non-existent, and the design of the game screams Ubisoft clone. I did play it for around 50-60 hours, getting close to 80% complete IIRC. But I cannot go back to the game, why do I give a shit about DLC.
Days Gone: Looks like it could be a spin off of Last of Us. Another narrative driven, looking heavily scripted story game. Some of the interactions were cringey. Like he choked a guy out in like 3 seconds. And it took him like 5 seconds to example a motorcycle. The only thing this game has going for it is the WWZ style zombie horde. Leave the Last of Us gameplay to ND, please.
Monster Hunter: This is another game like the first two showcases, I am sure it appeals to many, but I am not one of them. Never played a MH game, video did little to change my mind.
Shadow of the Colossus Remaster: zzzzz. Never finished the first, purtier graphics won't make me care about its remaster.
MvC4: Another multiplat I don't give a shit about. I imported MvC2 on the DC years ago. Last MvC game I bought. Not a fan of what the franchise has become.
Calls of Doody World War: I do have faith in Sledgehammer, and the WW setting is infinitely more intersting than where CoD has been in awhile. But I also know the MP will be an uneven shitfest of OP weapons/attachments, and Activision doing shady shit with DLC. Will likely rent for SP on the X, buy it on PS4 for my teenage son.
VR Shit: zzzzzzzz. The Sony version of Minecraft for me.
God of War: Ok, now we're talking. Looked good.
Detroit: The premise sounds good, but it's David Cage, and the gameplay looked very Cagey, which means shit.
Destiny 2: zzzzzzzzzzzzz IDGAF about this game on any platform.
Spider-Man QTE Extravaganza: Visually, looked incredible. Gameplay wise, looked boring. To be fair, I found the Batman games to get pretty boring quickly as well, and this really looks like Batman but with Spidey instead. The only cool parts imho were in the cut scenes, which there were too many of.

Overall: 4/10. They showed some kind of FFXV fishing bullshit, LOL.

To me Nintendo had the best line up. From Sony, in other hand, I learned about games that I will for sure buy, like Days Gone and Skyrim VR.
MS was terrible, ain´t going to buy anything from them, except Call of Cthulu fron Xbox Original, if it hits the store one day.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I didn't catch Microsoft's, but Sony's was just so dark and bleak. Where's the humor? Where's the color? Where's the lightheartedness and fun? Every game they showed was so dark and depressing I wanted to kill myself.

Nintendo won it for me the second Mario + Rabbids was unveiled and completely stole my heart. Everything else they showed was just icing on the cake.

Barkley said:
FunFan said:
More like who was the lesser loser...

Yup , this is a lackluster e3 for everyone. It says something when UBISOFT had the best show.

Ubisoft's performance at this E3 was probably the best they've ever had, so many potentially killer looking games. So on that note I disagree, and this is coming from someone who traditionally has not really like Ubi

Around the Network

7 Nintendo games in the top 20 on Amazon. Let's face it, Nintendo won and they fucking dominated the entire third party industry + Sony & MS combined.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

IsawYoshi said:
Nintendo, but they didn't impress. Halfway in I was feeling all the good vibes, but after the conference I'm not so sure. Xenoblade 2017, pokemon versions for switch and metroid 4 is amazing. But no footage of those two. Still very much excited, but it would be 10 times better if we got to see it. The mario trailer was fantastic, at the same time, for a second I thought we were getting a dinasaur game from nintendo, something that I've been hoping for.

Too much time spent on zelda and nothing really from third party. Where's netflix, where's hbo and so on? Kirby and yoshi really isn't interesting at all.

So yeah, actually not all that happy about nintendos event, compared to my hopes and expectations. Still prefer it to the others though. Ubisoft was the most surprising though, I'll give them that!

Yoshi is literally in your username yet you're talking smack about the guy.

and as far as third parties go I actually think Nintendo has clearly been working kind of hard. Rocket League, Fifa, Skyrim all coming this Fall is not that poor even if they are just ports. Those are popular games. 

I don't care a huge amount about the Netflix app but Nintendo not having updated an internet browser onto the Switch UI yet is pretty insane 

Cuphead looks great, Mario Oddeysey looks incredibly fun to play, yet Sony was the only one with VR out of the three. Sony won by virtue of the other 2 not showing up.

I'll be buying all the VR games that were shown, apart from that FF15 fishing mini game. And maybe not Doom if it's teleport only, screw that.

Nintendo and Ubisoft were fantastic. The rest was meh or bad

Ubisoft.