By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you a double-dipper?

How many of you are a sucker to double-dip?  Everytime a better version of a game gets announced and released, it's always tempting to pick it up because I'm afraid I'm missing out on something.  This gen has been the gen of remasters and understandably so since there is now a health history of worthy games to remaster or remake.  My newest delimma has been Deep Strange Journey.  I have the orginal for the original DS.  I've yet to play it, and it's probably still in its shrinkwrap.  I'll probably be looking into a good deal on the 2DSXL this Christmas.  And then there's Skyrim VR, and I have no PSVR headset.  I have the GOTY ed for the PS3 which I've played and the remastered version for the PS4 which I'll start after I've finished P4G.  But if there is any reason why I'd pick up a PSVR headset is for Skyrim VR.  And let's not forget about the Switch version in which you can dress up as Link, and I'm hoping the Switch version will allow for more Nintendo options.  I feel like a good chunck (not necessarily most) of my personal current gen gaming library are going to be remasters of some sort.

Around the Network

Only in rare cases

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not really a double-dipper, with the exception of Zelda games. If Nintendo were to re-release Ocarina of Time yet again I'd be there day one, no shame =P

Well if it's the exact same software/hardware no, but if it has enhancements of some form then yes.

Vini256 said:

Not really a double-dipper, with the exception of Zelda games. If Nintendo were to re-release Ocarina of Time yet again I'd be there day one, no shame =P

Same here :)

Zelda games are my weakness. I will double, triple, and quadruple dip.

Around the Network

Well, with older generations it made more sense, since there were often vast differences between the different consoles. But nowadays it's almost pointless.

I'll double dip for DQXI (PS4 & 3DS), only because of the different graphical styles.

Besides that i've never done it, i'm buying both Deep Strange Journey and Radiant Historia 3DS but i never played them back on the DS.

I own Breath of the Wild on Wii U and I might buy it again when I have a Switch. It would be the first game I double-dipped.

Vini256 said:

As much as I love Nintendo, I've barely gotten into Zelda.  I've sample Link to the Past, and I have the original on my Wii.  I guess the cool thing about waiting so long is that I can better versions such as Ocarina of Time without having to spend the time playing the N64 version.

Occassionally, depends on the game or movie. It doesn't happen lightly, and usually requires a cheap price.