By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm starting to give up on Phil Spencer...

Mr Puggsly said:
animegaming said:
Well with Phil lets see here

Cancelled games like Phantom Dust, Fable Legends, and Scalebound.

Killed any reason to get an Xbox One by giving us Playanywhere

Promises but under delivers more times then Peter Molyneux

Learned nothing from the Xbone Launch by having the most expensive console on the market.

Has yet to successfully launch a new franchise.

Phantom Dust is out and free. Fable Legends sucked and Im not entirely convinced Scalebound is dead. Youre ignoring games we did get though.

Xbox and Windows are MS platforms so Play Anywhere makes sense. It also makes their games available to more people. This is not a bad thing.

I'm fine with Scorpio having the highest price versus being a let down like PS4 Pro. X1S exist for budget gamers.

Ori is successful.

The much wanted all new phantom dust is cancelled. Ppl don't care about the original game getting a free remaster. I mean it's nice but ppl wanted the new one for current gen that they cancelled. 

Around the Network
Faelco said:

I was arguing right here just yesterday about "logic and analysis" against "but the new Jesus Phil Spencer is teasing an awesome conference, so it will be awesome!".

I'm just laughing about it now. When will people learn? Just like the famous trip to Japan... "OMG, Phil is going to Japan, he will bring back some good stuff!" Yeah, a Dragon Ball trailer, great stuff. Once again, logical and expected though.

About Phil Spencer himself, I've been saying for 2 years that he's just a PR robot with 0 real results in the last 9 years he's been at the head of Microsoft Studios and then Xbox, and that he's failing just as much as Don Mattrick, with just more fake promises on his Twitter. Glad to see that 2 years later, more and more people are seeing this!

He's not a robot. He's fully biological, and was hatched from a pod.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hiku said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well this tear they are finally delivering long awaited 1st party games. I'm stoked for Crackdown 3. OG Xbox BC is great fan service. But Phil mislead us about exclusive content

Not if you only listened to the announcer, and ignored what was written.

Sounded like 22 exclusives to me.

That was hella annoying. Why, WHY do they have to inject some level of disingenuousness into every aspect of their PR?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of new AAA exclusives too. Still a solid 7/10 conference though.

EspadaGrim said:
Sorry but Phil is a massive Hypocrite, no new 1st party games that he said were so important for Xbox and now all of these garbage time exclusive deals that he said that he hates. Seriously I can't trust no one at Xbox anymore Phil Spencer is all talk and no show.

Yea, definitely a hypocrite.  He just hates it when Sony has more exclusive deals than he does.  That's when bad mouths it.  "Oh we got a new system launching? Bring on the timed exclusives."

Around the Network

Hes running a dying brand, i don't know what you expect him to do.

He's taken Xbox back to a position of hardware power.
He's been at the helm for amazing consumer oriented programs like EA Access, Xbox Gamepass, Play Anywhere, 360 BC, and now OG Xbox BC.
If this E3 was any indication, he's brought indies/smaller titles back to the forefront, like they were at the end of the 360 lifespan, which was a great time to be a 360 owner.

I'm sure he wants to bring first party investment up, but it takes time. They had a strong first party showing at this E3, just nothing we didn't already know about aside from Forza 7. Also, PlayerUnknowns Battleground? Exclusive launch for Xbone? That's a big deal.

I think he's done a good job so far given what he inherited. Games take years to make. I'd love to see what his team brings for a new gen console launch.

LudicrousSpeed said:
He's been at the helm for amazing consumer oriented programs like EA Access, Xbox Gamepass, Play Anywhere, 360 BC, and now OG Xbox BC.
If this E3 was any indication, he's brought indies/smaller titles back to the forefront, like they were at the end of the 360 lifespan, which was a great time to be a 360 owner.

I'm sure he wants to bring first party investment up, but it takes time. They had a strong first party showing at this E3, just nothing we didn't already know about aside from Forza 7. Also, PlayerUnknowns Battleground? Exclusive launch for Xbone? That's a big deal.

I think he's done a good job so far given what he inherited. Games take years to make. I'd love to see what his team brings for a new gen console launch.

Phil Spencer had a good first party showing but when compared to the competition pales in comparison when you look at them side by side. When you close your show with a game you have marketing rights for it shows what you think of your product.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Phil Spencer had a good first party showing but when compared to the competition pales in comparison when you look at them side by side. When you close your show with a game you have marketing rights for it shows what you think of your product.

When Sony closed their psx 2015 with epic games's paragon, which is for PS4 and Microsoft Windows, they called it a "drop the mic moment". A multiplat. What did that say about Sony? 

Didn't they close 2016 with Andromeda? But I'm sure these don't count for uh, reasons :)