By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X will launch for $499

Your thoughts?

TOO HIGH! 544 73.81%

Is actually a decent price 131 17.77%

For 4k gaming? Steal 62 8.41%

Total:737

Im purchasing it, but it isn't for everyone unless you want best experience with third party titles without having to game PC (I hate pc gaming).

Around the Network

Anyone realize Sony casually mentioned Dissidea coming to the PS4?

Matter of fact is Microsoft put themselves in a 10 foot hole. Sony will bombard people with games.

1) Keep releasing good stuff

2) lower Pro to 299/349. Heck, they could keep it at 399 if they want

3) make ps4 199 this holiday

4) Leave Nintendo alone

5) gg microsoft

Microsoft continues to show why they're out of touch with gamers. $499 is simply not acceptable in this day and age. The game selection's way too thin to justify gamers to invest in an overpriced console. It will do horribly in Europe and Asia, and will probably not do anything special in America.

Sony's been killing it because of Microsofts inability to read the market, and as things are going, they'll continue to be the industry leader.

From Gaf.

$499 is too much especially for a console that it is expected to have a 3 year lifespan. I am expecting xbox 2 in the next 3 years.

Around the Network

Litterally no new exclusive games announced.
And whats up with "CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE", I thought "console exclusive" was difuse enough?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

too high, I'll pass.I don't even get why they waited for the end of the conference to tell us it was going to be that crap price.

I am hyped for it...but that price is an entry barrier that most gamers aren't going to want to try and enter. But considering this will play Xbox One, 360, Xbox and now X games it's a decent price if you are a true Xbox fan.

Well, Spencer did say it was a premium prouct.Still, too expensive for the general market.Outside of the releasing month, I think this will be dead on arrival

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

More importantyly only 2 retail exlcusives(Forza 7 and Crackdown 3) set to release on Xbox One for the remainder of the year. Bringing the grand total for 2017 to 3.