By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii

Manlytears said:
Keiji said:

That's a given.

Wii/ OGPS numbers are a given and 120M is a very fair number, but what you guys think about 130M?

The chance are very low, but i wouldn't be surprised to see 130M PS4 if sony can put MSRP at $149 and produce crossgen games at the start of nextgen. That would be a very smart and logic move from sony, since the PS4 user base is huge, crossgen would certainly generate extra sales for games like GoW2 and Horizon 2 and, most likely, some extra sales for PS4 that would work as an "entry model" for those that want to play PS4 games.

130M is very possible; my 120M+ is a very very conservative figures ;)   so conservative that I shouldn't even say :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Replicant said:
CosmicSex said:
First of all, all of the people saying it wont make it to 101 are just absolutely crazy.

At first, I thought this was a thread from around the time of PS4 launch.

Pretty shocked to see so many in June 2017(!) still believing/hoping that PS4 won't outsell Wii  Ö

Lol, me too. You should expect this from 2013 or 2014, but not from 2017.  I think people were thinking that the Nintendo Switch was going to slow down Ps4 numbers. 

Manlytears said:
Keiji said:

That's a given.

Wii/ OGPS numbers are a given and 120M is a very fair number, but what you guys think about 130M?

The chance are very low, but i wouldn't be surprised to see 130M PS4 if sony can put MSRP at $149 and produce crossgen games at the start of nextgen. That would be a very smart and logic move from sony, since the PS4 user base is huge, crossgen would certainly generate extra sales for games like GoW2 and Horizon 2 and, most likely, some extra sales for PS4 that would work as an "entry model" for those that want to play PS4 games.

Definitly a possibility.

Ps3 make 15m after ps4 release them, if ps5 is fall 2020 and ps4 make 15m 19 ( very conservator ) and 15m 2020 + 15m rest of life + this fall, 130m is a given.

It depends on when they drop the price of the base model PS4.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Same, March 2020, when they announce fiscal shipments.

Well think I was a little bit pessimistic with this now. Current forecast is 96.5m shipped by March 31st 2019. So shipments should exceed the Wii just a few months after that. Probably close to September/October 2019.

Barkley said:
Barkley said:
Same, March 2020, when they announce fiscal shipments.

Well think I was a little bit pessimistic with this now. Current forecast is 96.5m shipped by March 31st 2019. So shipments should exceed the Wii just a few months after that. Probably close to September/October 2019.

this ! My exact prediction.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

At this pace, probably during Q4 2019

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Really fast,and that with a 299 price!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Really fast,and that with a 299 price!

Exactly, PS4 sales have been really impressive, even more so when considering that its price is still 75% of the original price after almost 5 years of its release!