By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One users largely ignore backward-compatible Xbox 360 games

I gave my old 360 to my brother and now play a lot of 360 games on XOne.

Around the Network

Backwards compatibility makes the most impact at a console's launch because at that time, the system hasn't established a good library yet. The problem with Microsoft's announcement of 360 BC was that it happened a few years into the XB1's lifecycle. Had the feature been available from launch, 360 BC would've made a larger impact.

BC only matters if there are Achievements to be gotten from them. Other than that, I agree with everyone, BC isn't worth playing.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
archer9234 said:
Kerotan said:
Sounds about right. Your average gamer doesn't buy shinny new hardware to play dusty old games.

Unless it's remastered/ported.

In that case it's a shiny old game not a dusty old game. And you're right they do sell as we seen on ps4/xb1 already and we're now seeing on the Switch. 

Aura7541 said:
Backwards compatibility makes the most impact at a console's launch because at that time, the system hasn't established a good library yet. The problem with Microsoft's announcement of 360 BC was that it happened a few years into the XB1's lifecycle. Had the feature been available from launch, 360 BC would've made a larger impact.

This is the best comment I've read on the subject so far. The good news for Sony is they could easily make all ps4 software compatible on the ps5 next gen so if they want this feature they'll have it. 

Around the Network

1.5% of the users care that is around how many people bought PSVR from the PS4 userbase or how much the average JRPG wish they sold on that userbase =p. PS4 userbase don't want PSVR/JRPG's?

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

This is the best comment I've read on the subject so far. The good news for Sony is they could easily make all ps4 software compatible on the ps5 next gen so if they want this feature they'll have it. 

They could... but then they lose millions. I'm sure they'd much rather have the sales from all those re-releases than just let people play the PS4 versions on their new console.

But then it opens the door for Xbox next gen to comeback. And if ps plus subscribers opt to rejoin the xbox eco system instead that will really hurt Sony's profits. 

You'll likely be able to play your original ps4 software but if a publishers wants to upgrade / remaster the original ps4 game and re-release it for a fee then that's fair game. 

Is this some attempt to justify the PS4 not having it? Having BC can never be a bad thing.

One of the reasons Sony dropped BC was because they found out that not many really use it as 'the internet' makes it seems. So I'm not surprised by this at all.

BC was always a nice feature but I dont think that stopped gamers from buying the new systems and games anyways.

Personally I love that XB1 has BC and wish all systems would, but it's not the end of the world.

BraLoD said:
Not on forums.

I'd say PlayStation fans care more about BC on forums than Xbox fans. A Sony fan even made a list of all the BC games on Xbone and doesn't even own one. 😂

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence