Forums - Movies Discussion - Can Japan power the "Power Rangers" movie to 200 million world wide?

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/power-rangers-release-in-china-1202023193/

It comes out in Japan middle of July and is currently at about 141 million WW.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Sadly it cost 100 million to make, not including marketing so 200 million would only pay for developing and not the marketing. Still three times the original Power Ranger movie made during the top of its popularity.

Just 59 more million and it will get there. If studios make about 40 percent back from ticket sales on average WW then there could still be a small profit. Just depends on how big the marketing was.

I know there was a huge toy push so that helped as well.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Lastly a few years back it was said that studios make about 55 percent back from ticket sales. But I think that is just America. ...US. It varies depending on the country. Hopefully, since China only gave it about 4 million, it is still over 50 percent.

I thought the movie was really bad and looking how its struggling to break even I doubt they'll expand the franchise.

Juma009 said:
I thought the movie was really bad and looking how its struggling to break even I doubt they'llexpand the franchise.

It had a decent score and it will gross about 150 million more than the original.

I thought the movie was well done.

Around the Network

Not really. Did it release in China?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm just shocked a studio thought there was a market for a high budget power rangers movie aimed at the same people that watch super heroes movie. The thing most people remember about rangers from our childhood was incredibly cheesy acting.

Darwinianevolution said:
Not really. Did it release in China?

About 4 million.

Dulfite said:
I'm just shocked a studio thought there was a market for a high budget power rangers movie aimed at thecve. same people that watch super heroes movie. The thing most people remember about rangers from our childhood was incredibly cheesy acting.

Actually it was decent. When they did throw in some retro power rangers music "go go power rangers" it was out of pla