By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Better Off on Other Platforms?

Bayonetta 2, XCX2, Monster Hunter franchise all would be better on the ps4.

Around the Network

Every exclusive 1st person shooter would work better on PC than on console, in general. Also, why wasn't there a Metal Gear Risisng Revengeance on the WiiU, with Wiimote controll allowed? It could have worked wonderfully.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Every game needs to be on PC since it can get the best mod and patch support it doesn't need to be paid for to play online and you can choose the hardware you wish to play it with. (not just videocards but also the controller you want etc!)

And obv. visually its the best option.

Apart from that I always feel like games should be released on as many platforms as possible, xbox and ps4 for people who want physical media or don't want to worry about pc things like driver updates etc and switch versions rule since you can take them along when you leave the house.

But in the end the PC version needs to happen most in all cases

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CaptainExplosion said:
malistix1985 said:

Every game needs to be on PC since it can get the best mod and patch support it doesn't need to be paid for to play online and you can choose the hardware you wish to play it with. (not just videocards but also the controller you want etc!)

And obv. visually its the best option.

Apart from that I always feel like games should be released on as many platforms as possible, xbox and ps4 for people who want physical media or don't want to worry about pc things like driver updates etc and switch versions rule since you can take them along when you leave the house.

But in the end the PC version needs to happen most in all cases

No, not every game. Nintendo first-party games don't need to be on PC since they're still doing good on the Switch and 3DS.

I disagree nintendo games would be amazing on 4k on the pc. Nintendo has a horrible online service and the resolution of the switch on televisions isn't great. Imagine nintendo had play anywhere, cloud save to your switch so you can take your games with you anywhere but when you arrive at home you could just continue on your tv or monitor with a great headset on the pc and a nice elite xbox controller in 4k

sounds much better to me. I would get a switch immediately.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CaptainExplosion said:
Jpcc86 said:
Bayonetta 2, XCX2, Monster Hunter franchise all would be better on the ps4.

What's XCX2?

I agree with Bayonetta 2, but the Monster Hunter franchise has done great on Nintendo systems.

Hopefully we get a Steam release of Bayonetta 2, since the first one (and Vanquish :D) is already there.

Sonic Lost World might've been better off as a multiplatform game, even though that probably wouldn't fix the slow pacing and lackluster controls.

I meant XCX (Xenoblade Chronicles X) But I guess it might apply to XCX2, we'll see. 

Sales wise, yes, MH is doing fine, but the game itself has a much bigger scale to gain in a more powerful console.  The scope this game can have is amazing. As of now it feels visually limited, and the map design is, well... bad. The same kind of game with the same mechanics, in a bigger scale, a gameplay that can fit that scale, with better visuals would be very impressive. 

Around the Network

Street Fighter V would have sold much better on the Wii U. There was no competition, an audience starving for AAA games with a high tolerance for bullshit if Splatoon proves anything and a high attach rate.

SFZ would have been better on the N64.

Bloodborne would be better on PC so we wouldn't have to suffer through that framerate any longer.

Every single-screen console game is better on Switch because potential portability is the only justification for sub-60fps framerates.

Jpcc86 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What's XCX2?

I agree with Bayonetta 2, but the Monster Hunter franchise has done great on Nintendo systems.

Hopefully we get a Steam release of Bayonetta 2, since the first one (and Vanquish :D) is already there.

Sonic Lost World might've been better off as a multiplatform game, even though that probably wouldn't fix the slow pacing and lackluster controls.

I meant XCX (Xenoblade Chronicles X) But I guess it might apply to XCX2, we'll see. 

Sales wise, yes, MH is doing fine, but the game itself has a much bigger scale to gain in a more powerful console.  The scope this game can have is amazing. As of now it feels visually limited, and the map design is, well... bad. The same kind of game with the same mechanics, in a bigger scale, a gameplay that can fit that scale, with better visuals would be very impressive. 

What you're describing is multiplayer Horizon. With better combat. And worse sales. And the same not-60fps framerate. I love Horizon btw. I'm just saying games don't magically get better because of better hardware. Sometimes you need graphical limitations to bolster creativity and innovation.

Also, sales effect production which effects quality and existence. If MH doesn't sell well, they'll start infusing it with mainstream bs to help it appeal to a wider audience and prob cut the framerate. And if it still doesn't sell, it'll stop existing. I'd rather have a smaller map and better gameplay than a prettier game that sells alright in the west but has no more soul.

Besides, I feel like the Switch is a big enough graphical leap to host a prettier MH while still focusing on gameplay and framerate because no one will be playing MH on Switch for the state of the art visuals, meaning they'll focus on performance again instead of graphics.

Everything on PC.

Crash Bandicoot and Little Big Planet better off on the Switch. It seems out of place on the PS4.

Puppeteer would have scored at least five points higher if it said Nintendo on the box.